Samsung PC Studio 7 Does Not Support Omnia HD - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Snowcherry is on a distinguished road
Question Samsung PC Studio 7 Does Not Support Omnia HD

I'm simply shocked.. this mini CD came with the phone but does not support updates for the model it came with

I've never flashed or changed the default firmware before,

The Software version is: I8910DXIG1 (02/07/2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 AM

lamarque is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to lamarque

As far as I know PC Studio only upgrades from Italian firmware, which is *not* your case. You can try upgrading using flasing tool Tutorial: How to flash new firmware and debrand your Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
Linux User #57137 - http://counter.li.org/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:21 AM

jonmorris is on a distinguished road

The wording is actually wrong. It should simply say there is no new firmware available, not that it doesn't support the model. If it isn't bad English, then it must be that they simply haven't added in support for all the different revisions on their server - which is pretty poor!

The recent Orange update will see people who get the above message now being able to upgrade, although it can still fail when you start and require you to try many times.. the upgrade server must only allow about 10 simultaneous connections!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 AM

I had tried to flash the Italian (I8910_Generic_Italy_XXII1) firmware for the past 2 hours, reading up the tutorial and getting all the pre-flash drivers ( from both pages, How to flash and debrand your Samsung i8910 HD - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Debrand Tutorial. | Samsung i8910 HD Users - 100% i8910 Omnia HD and Samsung I8910 Data )

When the time came to finally go into boot mode and flash, this uboot error came up, http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7161/uboot.jpg and I read up even more here,

File Missing: I8910II1_xxx.ubootldr.img is not found ... where there's still some conflict as to whether

1. deselecting "boot" is a good or bad idea...
2. copying other uboot folder into the italian may be catasthrophic
3. flash it to G2, then use PC Studio to update it to Italian?

Can some senior flasher offer a definitive answer to the uboot error?

EDIT --

I got this version of the uboot, I8910ZXII2_XZX.ubootldr.img from the I8910ZXII2_TGYII2 but am hesitant to 'plug' it into the Italian for fear of making an abomination of the phone by mixing-n-matching firmwares..

Last edited by Snowcherry; 10-04-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:12 AM

GIR is on a distinguished road

Have you bothered with the search?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 AM

Question

Yes GIR, I searched multiple times and have been reading up for the past 8 hours... but have yet to find the answer

In the end I decided to flash the Italian G2 first using the ROM flashing tool, and succeeded!

However, using the PC Studio to up it to the XXii1 bumped into the below, maybe coz the connection is terrible or the Suite itself...

Looking nice & well... then..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing this happened right at the very start of the update... the phone seems to be still responding, should I use the ROM flashing tool instead? If it still shows the ubootldr error... should I deselect boot?

I doubt the connection here is good enough for the PC Studio to complete a full online & on-the-fly update.

Please help..!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcherry View Post
Yes GIR, I searched multiple times and have been reading up for the past 8 hours... but have yet to find the answer
I have a hard time believing that you spent 8 hours on this subject because it has been answered many many many times before, just searching for "support", "unsupported" or "pc studio support" yields a ton of threads created by people with the same question.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR View Post
I have a hard time believing that you spent 8 hours on this subject because it has been answered many many many times before, just searching for "support", "unsupported" or "pc studio support" yields a ton of threads created by people with the same question.
Do you know how much scattered and sometimes conflicting info is found on the same topic, it's not just pc studio but a whole gamut of issues when it comes to flashing... it's not easy for a total noob, which still I am at the moment.

Nonetheless, after no thanks to sarcasm from you I tried pc studio again out of desperation... it seemed to be working, then passed out from exhaustion and woke up about an hour later showing success flashing to the xxii1!!!

Finally I can rest in peace
Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcherry View Post
Do you know how much scattered and sometimes conflicting info is found on the same topic, it's not just pc studio but a whole gamut of issues when it comes to flashing... it's not easy for a total noob, which still I am at the moment.
But you spent 8 hours on it right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
firmware, incompatible, pc studio 7, update