Big firmware update is comming! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Stefan_i8910 is on a distinguished road
Default Big firmware update is comming!

Samsung is comming with a big firmware update for the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD!
See it on: Bekijk onderwerp - Grote firmware update voor i8910HD.
Orginal message: Bekijk onderwerp - Grote firmware update voor i8910HD.

(translating by Google Translate)

Greets,
Stefan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 PM

albie is on a distinguished road

The translation :

The Samsung i8910HD is a beautiful device. The HD has a nice big touchscreen, and of course HD video recording capability. It thus remains one of the top models from the portfolio of samsung. The i8910HD has Symbian operating system under the Samsung TouchWiz interface itself. That TouchWiz interface is also well off.

Somewhere it went wrong because the i8910HD leaves are not always operate smoothly. Something more of Samsung TouchWiz phones suffer from it. For i8910HD Samsung has now announced a major firmware update. The rollout of start next month in the United Kingdom and will then spread to other markets. One of the biggest improvements is the inproved graphics engine "that browsing, multimedia capabilities and faster kinetic scrolling entails. The overall performance of the i8910HD will greatly increase the use and enjoyment that is very beneficial.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to albie For This Useful Post:
XAn4ETO (12-23-2009)
Old 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM

crusoe is on a distinguished road

It's reassuring to hear from several sources that Samsung is coming with an official MAJOR update. Because it was real bad to sell a promising phone on the market, which is failing up till now. Thanks to all the modders a minority among the i8910-users can more or less enjoy their phone.
I hope some Samsung officials read this forum, so they will put some pressure on releasing a major update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2009, 02:00 PM

Stile is on a distinguished road

Whow... It sounds sooo promising. I cannot wait to check new FW in field of HD recording and new GUI.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Shiva is on a distinguished road

Firmware update for the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD is coming soon - GSMArena.com news

Old 12-23-2009, 02:08 PM

crusoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks Shiva,

The bad news is ...."[I] Finally, there's a new graphic engine, which increases the "the speed to access the multimedia content". Notice the word "access" - this means better playback, but still no stable 24 frames per second for 720p video recording. When we reviewed the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD, the frame rate was our major complaint, after the audio recording issue has been fixed.[/I]"

So....still no lip sync video ?...in that case I think to buy another phone...Shame on Samsung again !!!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:17 PM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

Does this not sound fishy to anyone else? Firstly, all these sites that claim it's going tobe rolled out from the UK aren't citing any Samsung sources. Secondly, the i8910 was ONLY released in the UK on Orange, seems strange that they'd release the branded firmware first...
Old 12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

It's real. I finally found the source:

Samsung I8910 HD Firmware Update Delivers Faster, Smoother Multimedia Experience SAMSUNG
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:
crusoe (12-23-2009), kei_sama (12-23-2009), XAn4ETO (12-23-2009)
Old 12-23-2009, 02:32 PM

Taomyn is on a distinguished road

Damn it, they still haven't released a proper version of PC Studio that works under Windows 7 64bit. Going to have to dig out my old XP laptop again to get this and that's if it's been released to my region.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

I just read this on GSM Arena, still at least it is something...

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
i8910hd, omnia, samsung, update