Big firmware update is comming! - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Resident Doc

touzeen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to touzeen

@Vyp
Is this your first S60 mobile?Nokia takes at least a year or a year and half to completely iron out all bugs from a S60 mobile.
A S60 mobile is an "investment",u have to give it time to grow.If you cant wait,sell it off.
________
Club Royal Condos Pattaya

Last edited by touzeen; 08-25-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Stile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by touzeen View Post
@Vyp
Is this your first S60 mobile?Nokia takes at least a year or a year and half to completely iron out all bugs from a S60 mobile.
A S60 mobile is an "investment",u have to give it time to grow.If you cant wait,sell it off.
I think Vyp is frustrated (as I am also) because of fact that Samsung Croatia announced that there will be no updates of old I8910XXIFA FW (it is with ****ty AMR codec in recorded videos). Currently, I am not sure about this MAJOR update since this is new information for all of us. We should wait...
Old 12-24-2009, 10:02 AM
MVP Widget Master

yahya.hamid is on a distinguished road

Finallyyy..

We all need a major update on flash and java, not to mention the camera issues.

Hmm... There is someone talkign about an L1 from china too. Maybe thats a pre release to this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
darknight07

ok, now THIS sounds like a REAL update!! To me it felt like UK was JUST introducing kinetic scrolling (just like Samsung gives 1 feature every couple month), but that multimedia enhancements also sound interesting. Althou I don't think they really listened to us (with petitions an such), but the new web browser is definately welcomed by me. Afterall current browser is safari based (i think), so this browser isn't an upgrade (with WRT widgets working), but a completely new one!
As much as I like Opera Mobile, it is SUCH a battery drainer (and has always been ), and doesn't support flash. Yet the default flash web browser opens slower large webpages, and hangs alot on youtube desktop page
If this update, as HyperX said, is supposed to also bring big camera improvements, then I'm all up for it!
However, I also read somewhere that this might be our last final update for i8910s ....
Old 12-24-2009, 04:28 PM

ruffruff is on a distinguished road

good news and finally samsung listens .. now, at least there is SOMETHING that we can look forward to from them.

its a good start pple, let's be patient and wait.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:41 PM

sirotilk is on a distinguished road

God bless u samsung
Old 12-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Sparkly is on a distinguished road

Congrats to all
Finally Samsung will do something about the FW. The funny thing is, a day before they announced this, Samsung called me and told me I can get a full refund. I just have to send the phone to their main service point.

BUT, after reading this: I think I'll hang on for a bit. I simply love the I8910 for it's appearance and codec support, and I don't want to get rid of it, I just want it to be optimised. (It's so full of potential...)

I DO think the report and petition, and the people who called, made a difference. The complaint e-mail I wrote, (and phoned) made Samsung want to give me a full refund. This is something which is very rare, and I think Samsung really knows they've been wrong. They DO read these forums and such, so without the petition and report I think they just would've told me: Get a FW update with PC Studio.

I hope to see some feedback from a Samsung official someday..
For now, all credit to the people who invested time and energy in signing the petition and phoning Samsung, and my special thanks to the one who made the report. Also, HyperX and Se7ven: Thanks for the custom roms!!

Let's sit back and wait for the FW to arrive in our countries. Let's see what our modders can do with this
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionen View Post
Be happy, that they give us at least some new stuff...
Faster Access to media content sound great, cause when i want to open a movie, i always have to wait 30 - 50 sec. When i want to look around my photos it take sec to load the preview etc. ITS GREAT, that this is getting faster!

Maybe you like Opera, but i dont, i dont need multi-taps, but Flash... So please dont be unhappy, just because you dont like that...

720p Videos: Use 640x480 and be happy, that bad quality of the 720p looks the same on a big tv-screen.... Just compare it for yourself, there is no different!
Having a full flash phone is not Samsung's issue, but a Flash issue...it will come soon.
The poen screen project is a little behind schedule but I believe they will deliver very soon -- yes, flash for ALL platforms (except iSuck that is!).
No other phone except the N900 has full flash support with actionscript, so it's not that big of a let-down -- and I really wouldn't even consider the n900 a phone, it's more like a tablet with phone capabilities.

To be honest guys, I was about to sell my OmniaHD...I love the Omnia 2 and I don't even use the HD anymore -- but I am going to hold out and see what this FW update has to offer. We can all speculate and say it won't have this that and the other, but let's wait until the fw is released before we start criticising it News sites are never accurate, including Samsung's OWN press releases (remember the 1ghz processor in India thing?), so we will have to see for ourselves just what is fixed and what isn't when the time comes.

I am *really* hoping for a proper SIP client (a Samsung VAS port) and video recording \ DLNA fix, since I really don't use this as an actual cell phone anymore, it would still be nice to use it as a media platform and for an internet phone...but in the condition it's in now, it's not possible :|

Last edited by surge; 12-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:29 PM

zerokewl is on a distinguished road

I am just curious, you think this firmware is also to give the Gold edition a boost!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:04 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
I am just curious, you think this firmware is also to give the Gold edition a boost!
Nope, u'll have to get the Platinum edition for thaT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
i8910hd, omnia, samsung, update