Editing icons in S60 themes by Aquarius - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Themes, Widgets and other GUI graphical modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM

Viggen is on a distinguished road
Default Editing icons in S60 themes by Aquarius

After some time spent looking for themes for my Omnia ...
I've came across this tutorial written by Aquarius, developer of SISContents!

tutorial link:
Editing icons in S60 themes

sample image from tutorial:

It lets you manipulate contents of the sis file, including icons!

something I've been looking for since I got my i8910

Viggen

Last edited by Viggen; 10-13-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viggen For This Useful Post:
kibe-br (10-19-2009), MFA (04-25-2010), mohcivil (02-22-2011), strong (10-13-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Hey!!
How about editing the background of the universal screen to be something other than black?
What I would *Really* like to do is make my home screen background the same as the theme background (I use the universal theme).

Possible?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:26 PM

I guess it is... but Universal is a weird theme... or should I say it's default system theme, so it's built different way... well, as far as I can tell, judging after my 1 week experiance with Symbian OS :P

you need to edit themepackage.mbm ( prolly with MBMConverter )
then you'd have to rebuild/compile the .sis file
I need to look what's in S60 SDK, as I didnt download it yet...

but by the first look, there is a difference between custom themes and Universal theme, just look:

Even Icons in Universal theme are not there... like it's using system icons...

well, I might try play with it tomorrow, dunno...

answering your question - in theory, it is possible.

Viggen

Last edited by Viggen; 10-13-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to use this tool and a couple others to figure out if it's possible to just swap the skn and mif files from various themes to just get different icon packs altogether. So far, I haven't had any success in doing this, but I haven't been playing with it very long. Has anyone else tried this?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:48 PM

yup I did try to swap mif files... conclusion is, it's pointless - yes it is working, but each theme got different indexing, so you end up with messed up theme - like icon in scroll bar, or button instead of an icon... not mentioning if you will get icon in place of icon it will be wrong one :P

Other thing I noticed, is if you delete icons details with this app, phone will use system default icons in place of deleted ones (not from Precision or Universal themes)

I was trying to extract the icons set from Universal theme, to be able to use them in theme with background enabled (kinda make a new version of Universal theme), but the .svgb's in Universal theme are some way different then regular svgb icons from custom themes - not able decode them with SVGB 2 SVG tool = in other words cant view them, so still working blind ;/

not a S60 svgb file... lol - it's only with this theme, every other I've tried works fine...

Last edited by Viggen; 10-14-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 PM

J3R03N is on a distinguished road

yes, this works.

but you need to change all the icons in one simple way and not by changing them one by one.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 PM

fateone is on a distinguished road

If this helps: you can view the svgb files on your phone (i8910). Either in the Gallery->Other media or in the File manager.

Have fun (so did I, when I was looking for something in the Universal's mif.)
Old 05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say thanks once again to Aquarius for his nice program and also to Viggen who posted this short tut. They made an addict of me cause I constantly discover new things that I can switch and change to my liking and preference in theme I use.

Thank you guys!

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fevves For This Useful Post:
thewolfnero (03-17-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement