Swype skinning doable - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Themes, Widgets and other GUI graphical modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 05:39 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road
Default Swype skinning doable

Well, DSA knew it before, wheelloader did it before, but on last moded international version from Faenil it was messing around producing graphic glitches resulting NOT WORKING...

Well, a day of work rectified it all for me. BIG Thanks to wheelloader for his fine work that provided head start, though I corrected imperfections making 7 PSD files around to correct few oddities I didn't liked + color never matched my default skin and above all: naming never suited Swype ver. I have.

No tutorials, no nothing, make something out of this on your own like I did to match my prefered phone theme!

Screens...

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Sound Tech

adamvnz is on a distinguished road

Are you saying that this will work on faenels latest?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM

successor is on a distinguished road

can you share how you did it fevves? i have been waiting for some1 to customize the skin for swype.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:32 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamvnz View Post
Are you saying that this will work on faenels latest?
Yes it will work on faenils latest international. It work fine on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by successor View Post
can you share how you did it fevves? i have been waiting for some1 to customize the skin for swype.
Still waiting for the weekend, time permitted, to modify numeric keyboard graphics and numbers color, and tidy up PSD files so they can be fairly usable, but point is you need to take swype.mbm file from your installation and extract bmp files. Do it either from your phone from drive:/system/apps/Swype folder or extract it directly with SysContents on your PC. Then you have to modify at least those for EN keyboard. Make sure you save them as 24 bit BMP files and not 16 bit. If not or if you go wrong in naming the files or switch them around you get on screen garbage instead of keyboard. Then repack MBM and transfer it to the phone or install moded installation package. EN keyboard works fine for all languages that use the same graphics.
I corrected most grids I found off by some pixels from files I took as base start from work done by wheelloader on DM. Credits goes to him for his findings.

In faenils Swype international version these have to be modded: Image01, 02, 12, 16, 19, 23, 24, 25, 27, 37, 39, 40, 42, 44, 47, 48, 49, 50, 53 and 59.

These are keyboard files. If you want to change some other graphics, then you have to see for yourself, like indicators, touch halo, swype like etc.

I repeat, list of files is made based on faenils latest international version. Other versions might not have the same exact numbers, like previous version which was different, so one theme can suite only one Swype version (or maybe more, I haven't tried).

Hope this helps.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fevves For This Useful Post:
adamvnz (10-13-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 06:43 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Just asked permission from Wheelloader to post his renamed graphic and my mod for one of Shilca's theme... we'll see what comes up

Edit:
No permission given just yet as he seems not to be so active nowadays... however, I'm posting anyways.

Therefore, Wheelloader graphic, renamed and sorted out for Faenils latest internation Swype version:

Download here: http://www.4shared.com/file/vsbfb28t...lue_Swype.html

Rename to Swype.mbm and place where due, as indicated in previous post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fevves For This Useful Post:
adamvnz (10-13-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
@bstract Journeyman

My color varioation with better color balance then previous screens...

See here:

Download from here: Mobility Blue Shilca Swype.mbm - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Same procedure for installing as before.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM

ajjter is on a distinguished road

This makes me wanna buy the ohd again
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement