My omnia hd experience - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 AM

lotus989 is on a distinguished road
Default My omnia hd experience

Please excuse my grammar and english. This review has a bit on comparison the iPhone and my Omnia hd.

I picked up this phone on November 18th. I got it on sale for $600 from ncix.

I'm not a very picky cellphone user. Some functions I use are the calculator, alarm clock, calling, music, light websurfing, and taking picturess. Opposed to some of my friends who "jailbreak" their phones and install a bunch of torrented pgrograms, I'm a very simple user.

The selling point that made me buy this phone and not any other phone was the 8.0 megapixel HD. I love the fact that I have a thin and light 8.0 camera, with flash, that can take decent pictures and which I can carry around in my pocket. Very often I find myself, in the spur of the moment, wishing I brought my regular camera with me but I just don't carry it around because it's bulky and would make me look like a tourist.

As far as I know from browsing the net, this is the best camera-phone at the moment.

I don't have experience with too many popular phones, but I have borrowed an iPhone before for several weeks, and I also have an iPod Touch, which is quite similar to the iPhone.

I find the iPhone and Omnia HD both very good phones but they excel at different features.

For the Omnia HD, the camera has flash and is better than the iPhone. Though that's no surprise since it is comparing a 8.0 megapixel to a 2.0 megapixel one. Also, the Omnia's camera software has a bunch of different shooting modes and options.

For the iPhone, I find the greatest feature to be iTune/iApps/iStore. You can find virtually any software application you want, a large collection of games, any music or movie you want, using your computer or your iphone to search for them. You can find almost anything as long as you put time to search for them... Although they do cost a little money $.

For $600 I could have bought an iPhone instead. But overall I am not a fan of how the iPhone seems so simple/dummed-down (just my personal opinion) so I chose the Omnia, mainly for the camera.

The internet browsing experience I feel is about the same on both phones, I'd much much much rather use a computer for the net.

Hmm some of my negatives on the Omnia..
- the Radio program requires earphones to be plugged in
- no optical zoom (though that might be too much to ask for on such a thin camera )
- it might be more difficult to users who are not very good at using technology. For those users they are better suited for the iPhone

Positives on the Omnia..
- 8.0 cameraphone
- Big, bright and colourful screen
- aside from taking pictures, can record videos also

Also, the Omnia is slightly narrower and longer, while the iPhone is slightly fatter and shorter. Though not by much.

I don't remember battery life on the iPhone, but my friend tells me he can idle it for 7days without charging.

So far on my usage with the Omnia I got about 5 days with light-usage.

In summary, this was a review/comparison of Omnia and iPhone. Both are excellent phones. But if you want a phone with a good-quality camera like I do, I definetly recommend you choose the Omnia HD.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lotus989 For This Useful Post:
cambo (12-01-2009), Infin37 (12-01-2009), Srikuz (12-02-2009), svaler71 (08-14-2010), WarCow (12-01-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM

ithehappy is on a distinguished road

My 'XperienecE' is great about the I8910. I purchased it on August 25, so it's over 3 months I am using it and I still love it very much. Everything I found positive about it except the bad software support by Samsung. The Iphone will win the race in terms of software support.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your thought, interesting to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus989 View Post
I don't remember battery life on the iPhone, but my friend tells me he can idle it for 7days without charging.
I believe your friend to be wrong Almost all of my friends have iPhones and none has ever managed it to get more than 3 days life out of it. And that's on minimal usage..heavy usage gets just over a day of battery life.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
The Don

Infin37 is on a distinguished road

Nice review, totally agree with it (apart from iPhone battery bit as WarCow mentioned).
Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road

yep love the omnia hd best phone ive had

tempted to try maemo and the n900 but i know the omnia hd is solid and works well , think ill wait till the n900 has been out a while or maybe wait for the new symbian ui coming soon

the i8910 though is a quality phone

hyperx and all the modders etc have really helped the phone twinkle and i really enjoy using it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement