Is Samsung Omnia HD i8910 worth the money? - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM

Srikuz is on a distinguished road
Post Is Samsung Omnia HD i8910 worth the money?

Hello All,

Please let me know if the Samsung Omnia HD (i8910) worth the money? I enquired in couple of places and was given a price range between INR 28,000 to INR 32,000. Even if I go for the cheapest quotation, could anyone please let me know if it really is worth the money?

I have heard and seen in quite a few sites that it is a good phone. I wanted to know how it fares against the likes of Nokia N97 or the HTC Diamod or the Sony Satio or the Apple iPhone 3G on an overall basis.

Thanks
Srikz
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 05:58 PM

fierofrio is on a distinguished road

i really don't think a new thread is needed, as this has been discussed sooooo many times. please do a search.

omnia iphone site:http://forums.samsungi8910omnia.com/ - Google Search

you can start there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM

Srikuz is on a distinguished road

Ok thank you.. .. Lots of comparisons between different phones are definitely available.. Hope I would be able to get the pricing details as well there in those links...?

Old 12-18-2009, 06:09 PM

alexmason14 is on a distinguished road

Imho no it's not worth it, it has amazing hardware, but uses a RUBBISH OS and firmwares, which is unable to fully use the hardwares potential, this lets it down alot. I suggest you get a phone that uses Android as tbh Symbian is now a redundant OS.

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to alexmason14 For This Useful Post:
RenanrRinaldi (05-06-2010)
Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 PM

arun8gb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmason14 View Post
Imho no it's not worth it, it has amazing hardware, but uses a RUBBISH OS and firmwares, which is unable to fully use the hardwares potential, this lets it down alot. I suggest you get a phone that uses Android as tbh Symbian is now a redundant OS.

Alex
I have the same opinion.. If ur planning to buy a phone , wait till 2010 jan or feb.. Yo'l be surprised with the device's that are gona come out..
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 PM

marcodoncarlos is on a distinguished road

yes the i8910 is a great phone, but htc2 and motorola milestone are better, but you have to pay a little and become a lot for your money.

my opinion is buy it, or wait until 2999. every 3 months you become a better one.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM

cambo is on a distinguished road

this phone is by far the best out there at the moment. it is a far more techy phone than the iphone and way better than the htc2 and motorola milestone. you just have to work out what you want in a phone. the software while not as good as it could be, is getting better all the time with updates. to say it is rubbish, is just ignorant and pointless. read thru all the threads and you will get an idea if this is the phone for you.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 AM

MrSkiba is on a distinguished road

I would say if your looking for a good all round media phone, go for the i8910, if your extremely picky for the camera, go for a satio, if your looking for a phone to regularly sync up to a PC (office/email use mainly) go for a Windows Mobile 6.5 phone, and finally if you want an idiot proof and shiny interface, go for one of the android phones. Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you want to become a mac fanboy, go for a iPhone.

EVERY phone has its advantages and disadvantages, its not really "which is best", its more a case of what will suit you and what do you want a phone for. No point really asking, cause everyone has their own taste.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM

lgkahn is on a distinguished road

I agree witht he latest italian f/w the phone is pretty good. the major problem i have is that the video recordings are useless due to the crappy audio codec it uses.

the gps is great.. i have both garmin and sygic working
the music player is good.. just used it skiing this weekend and it was great and 1 battery lastest all the way driving there using gps and playing music on full volume for 3 hours.

the interface is ok once you get used to symbian..
also miss a working flashlight ie turn on the led app.

also for email recommend you pay for profi mail great imap phone app

for weather is use accuweather icon and a paid version of handy weather

for im etc. and limited voip get the latest fring

for games there are millions out there but since no keyboard action games tend to be useless .
but touch games like chess, bridge, solitair etc are great goto the ip ... site to get those

there finally is the same facebook app that works on the nokia's working on this phone.

also the latest shazam works fine...

recomend you pay for heloox to hack it.. 5 bucks is worth it.. and then at least put the cache hack on to move the cache to the e drive

here is hoping the next f/w brings kinetic scrolling throughout the phone
and fixed audio codec in the video recording

good luck

kinetic scrolling throughout the phone.

Last edited by lgkahn; 12-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 PM

cambo is on a distinguished road

yep i agree you will be better off hacking your phone to get the most out of it. i have never had an issue with the vdieo aspect of the phone and the same with the camera. the camera on the satio is pretty good but the rest of the phone sucks and does not compare to this.this is a techie phone so it takes a while to to get to know it asp if your not used to symbian, but it is a great phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement