Is Samsung Omnia HD i8910 worth the money? - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 AM

marked is on a distinguished road

Paid 400€ for the phone..

150€ is the "minimum" price for some usable GPS that i can use in the car..

100-150€ is the "minimum" price for some camera that i would use on a vacation or every day in life..

So when i look at it like that i bought this phone cheap...

Camera...gps..all kind of software..all in one..and i feel damn good about it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marked View Post
Paid 400€ for the phone..

150€ is the "minimum" price for some usable GPS that i can use in the car..

100-150€ is the "minimum" price for some camera that i would use on a vacation or every day in life..

So when i look at it like that i bought this phone cheap...

Camera...gps..all kind of software..all in one..and i feel damn good about it.
Don't entirely agree...

Basic cameras that cost 150 Euro are MUCH better in terms of picture quality, than this phone. No questions asked.

As for the whole bundle, if this phone cost 400 Euro as new, sure, its worth it, but it is not worth the 500-600 Euro I had to pay August last year :/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM

marked is on a distinguished road

I got it in November last year..410€

True about the normal camera but to be honest i its not much of a difference for me.

When i open them on the computer they look almost the same to me.

Well..its very good for my needs.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:50 PM

sagar.best is on a distinguished road

Well in my city the price is Rs.28k or rs.27k right .. I would say it's really worth it because of some members here like hyperx and many more...The camera is amazing and ofcourse video recording is superb.. I would say go for it . Abt the comparison
if you are thinking to buy a s60v5 phone then this is the best one . Samsung LBS used to suck bcoz there was no detailed india maps but they updated and now the 2010 maps are just amazing... and ofcourse don't forget the brilliant 3.7 AMOLED screen. It's the best screen I have ever experienced in a mobile. I would say buddy tht's best u can get.. Now upto you. ... Go have it and join the community.

I bought it on 27 oct. 2009...the price was Rs.28k

believe me these guys are just amazing this phone was nothing if this forum wasn't here..

Thank you guys , Thanks a billion.

Last edited by sagar.best; 05-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:22 PM

marcodoncarlos is on a distinguished road

its not the money worth. better is the iphone 4, htc evo, milestone and much more.
and symbian makes the pitty comlete.

if you record in 720p you´ve bad video my old n95 makes better videos.
if you compare the pictures that makes the i8910 hd with other mobilephones, you can see that samsung makes pictures like the 5 year old sony k810i.
better is nokia, sony, htc.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM

trafficJAM is on a distinguished road

I purchased my i8910 about 3 months ago...
Although a lot of people are saying the OS and firmware is crappy....I think its still a decent phone for its cost.
I was looking for a free phone to be included with my $29/month contract for 24 months (AUD.. about 22-25ish US) and compared to the other phones i could've gotten, i think this I've made a great choice!
For me, its half the cost of other phones like iPhone, x10, etc etc.

So.. I think if VALUE is the bottom line, then i think this phone will suit you!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

you can't be myopic about this. yeah it's great value, but the OS is dead. you want proof? even nokia's dumped it. symbian^3 is 2 months away now. maybe 3 months ago it was a good idea. now it'll just be rash to buy this phone. especially considering the fact that samsung is NEVER gonna upgrade us to symbian^3, or even give firmware support anymore.

better to get a mid-range android phone than this right now. at least you can probably root it or upgrade to later versions of the OS. either that or hold out till the N8 comes out on contract

Last edited by brrip; 06-17-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 PM

zerokewl is on a distinguished road

@SRIKUZ: Wow non-related, but just noticed this thread or the user asked this question last year 2009 sometime, just curious what did you end up getting ?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:43 AM

kuja2100 is on a distinguished road

No
Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 PM

zerokewl is on a distinguished road

No
Sponsored Links
Advertisement