Omnia Hd and strength - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM

kushagra is on a distinguished road
Default Omnia Hd and strength

Hi everyone.

I see everybody is talking about firmware,hardware, flashing & debranding etc.

But no body is talking about stress bearing capacity(strength) etc of omnia HD.

for eg.

1) Samsung boast about scratch proof tempered glass but is it really up to its name..?? i dont mean to ask that "whether is it possible to scratch its glass ??" but the ease with which scratch gets on it...

2) How robust is its body when compared to all time solid mobiles of nokia.I remember once my N70 fell from first floor to ground floor which was full concrete but nothing except few scratches appeared on its body.Does omnia HD offers same robustness??

3) I can see that all opening etc on body are fully covered but still if a mishappening happens like getting wet during a heavy rain, falling of water on it on breakfast table, will it be able to survive that???

I request all of you to share your experince in this regard coz a cell phone is made by not only a high tech processor or an excellent firmware but also how efficiently it copes up real tough world....

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

I've been using mine without a screen protector and there are no scratches (visible ones anyways, I'm sure theres tiny ones) at all.

The main problem I had was screen lifting..which sadly, I had to fix myself by glueing it back on. This is the biggest defect I can see...by the way my glue job was *excellent* just to toot my own horn, it's still 100% holding perfect and it's not noticable at all that theres even glue there.

I use an invisishield for the body tho as the plastic is very easily scratched \ fingerprinted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:19 PM

momagic is on a distinguished road

The i8910 is avery strong phone, it has a good weight to it and feels very good in the hand. I've had a few phones in the past and nothing compares to this, not even the iPhone.

I've dropped it a few times and got a few marks on the body. It's glossy black so it has a few scratches too. I've had a screen protector on it since day one so my sreen protector has loads of scratches!

Overall the build quality is one of the best Ive seen.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I've been using mine without a screen protector and there are no scratches (visible ones anyways, I'm sure theres tiny ones) at all.

The main problem I had was screen lifting..which sadly, I had to fix myself by glueing it back on. This is the biggest defect I can see...by the way my glue job was *excellent* just to toot my own horn, it's still 100% holding perfect and it's not noticable at all that theres even glue there.

I use an invisishield for the body tho as the plastic is very easily scratched \ fingerprinted.
what is screen lifting???
Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM

zerokewl is on a distinguished road

I have dropped mine several times, feels and sounds like a falling brick everytime! Yeah!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 PM

i am surprised nobody till now has mentioned about its behaviour when contacted with water...seems everybody is using their omnia hd only in luxury of their rooms...
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 PM

rappey69 is on a distinguished road

I work in marinas and have dropped 4 phones in the sea to date
Get water on circuit boards when its powered and im sure it will be fatal.
Have dropped the phone a few times but it seems ok...
A friend dropped their iphone and the screen shattered !
Old 09-20-2009, 08:52 PM

ssj3gogeta is on a distinguished road

I dropped my i8910 accidentally ofcourse theres a mark on the screen but nothing else is wrong with it and the screen lifting was there when i got it...it just goes back in in my pocket

EDIT I JUST CHECKED AGAIN THE MARK ON THE SCREEN RUBBED OFF
BUT MY PHONE FELL ON BOTH SIDES....IT BOUNCED:P SO THERE'S A PERMENANT MARK ON THE BATTERY COVER WHICH I CAN LIVE WITH

Last edited by ssj3gogeta; 09-20-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 AM

cambo is on a distinguished road

i have dropped mine once and put a little ding on the corner but i used a nail file and filed it smooth then polished it with brasso , now i cant see mark at all. i have no scratches on screen to date, but i am pretty careful with mine. i also glued my screen down and have had no issues with it at alli find it much more solid than my previous phones , which were sliders( 4 n95's 1 n85)..i think it is a great phone.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Sound Tech

adamvnz is on a distinguished road

I've had rain on mine. dried it. and keeped using it. its never complained. got scratches on the back from it sliding around the floor of the car once. always had a screen protector on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement