THE device of 2009? - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road
Default THE device of 2009?

I just published my review of the i8910HD after spending a couple weeks with several, actually.

Samsung i8910HD Review: THE device of 2009? Thoughts on S60

If there's any questions you want answered that weren't in the review, I'm also holding a live Q+A on Qik tomorrow night at 8pm EST at qik.com/jbruha. I'll also try to come back here to answer any questions as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnybruha For This Useful Post:
arthursantossp (08-26-2009), Sunnysider (08-26-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 PM

omniabug is on a distinguished road

Good review, in general. I like your final word

I think you could have done better with the camera shots

Just curious: what was the problem with the 2 defective units?

Last edited by omniabug; 08-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 PM

Sunnysider is on a distinguished road

Thanks great review. Swung me back in favour of getting one!

Interesting you say you'll probably have this for another 6 months before changing. I've spent so long deciding whether to get this phone due to it only being on Orange in the UK I'm wondering if given that its been out for several months now whether to actually get it at all given I've missed the prime time of it being the latest and greatest (ok, so it still is... but for how much longer??)

Is there anything you've got your eye on thats coming out in the next 6 months or so that you would take as an upgrade? I was watching this and the N97 from about Jan and was put off this by the Orange thing and the N97 as it just seems rubbish!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniabug View Post
Good review, in general. I like your final word

I think you could have done better with the camera shots

Just curious: what was the problem with the 2 defective units?
Thank you.

To be honest, I didn't make it a point to focus on the image/video capture of the device. I had added a tab for it when I was first putting the review together, but decided not to followup on most of the original ideas. The shots I did use were loosely taken and I thought some of them would fit well. I didn't try to take pictures that would blow someone away, though I'm sure the i8910HD could if I did.

The first defective unit had a bad screen. Certain areas did not recognize any presses at all. The replacement I received had a random freak out and displayed the bricked "Phone>Error>PC" screen when I woke up one morning. I know how to fix it thanks to this forum, but I was more interested in returning it to CellsWholesale so I could get the 16gb from MCO for the same price.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysider View Post
Thanks great review. Swung me back in favour of getting one!

Interesting you say you'll probably have this for another 6 months before changing. I've spent so long deciding whether to get this phone due to it only being on Orange in the UK I'm wondering if given that its been out for several months now whether to actually get it at all given I've missed the prime time of it being the latest and greatest (ok, so it still is... but for how much longer??)

Is there anything you've got your eye on thats coming out in the next 6 months or so that you would take as an upgrade? I was watching this and the N97 from about Jan and was put off this by the Orange thing and the N97 as it just seems rubbish!
Per the red text, who cares? If I wasn't fascinated with touch screens right now, I'd keep using my E90 for another year or so. Just use what works for you. Don't worry about anything else unless it does something that fits better with your needs.

I haven't seen anything that I'm personally interested in. The capacitive screen on the i8910HD was a huge factor for me, so things like the Satio and anything else Nokia is doing really don't interest me too much. Besides, I'm not looking to spend another $700 on a new phone again anytime soon!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM

Sunnysider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybruha View Post
Besides, I'm not looking to spend another $700 on a new phone again anytime soon!
That's the same for me execpt it's 's! Would be a bit gutted to spend the money now if there was something better coming along in a month or two, so, whilst I think I'd be happy with the i8910 I'd not be changing in 6 months, probably 12-18 at the earliest.

That said I'm now 26/27 months with my N95 and still happy with that which I think is why I've not rushed for the SIM free route of the i8910 until now. Prior to the N95 I had to have every new phone as soon as it came out.

Glad(?!) that there is nothing imminent to blow this away though!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM

dlee is on a distinguished road

That was an awesome review! Congrats.

Didn't conform to the standard reviews and tests and actually detailed the stuff i WANTED to know about.
And it helps that the reviewer actually used the phone for more than a day before giving it back.
Nice one.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM

AD29368 is on a distinguished road

good informative review as was said photos could have higlighted that feature a bit more but otherwise ace!:-)
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm thinking about adding a separate camera feature post later on. There is SO many camera settings and features that I still haven't seen any reviews talking about at all that I'd like to share at some point. Even with any quality difference between Nokia's best cameraphones, they don't hold a candle to all the features in Samsung's camera software.

Thanks for reading, guys!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:57 PM

capitaine is an unknown quantity at this point

hey can u list these 40 apps that u had running at the same time!?! Thats a ****load of apps.. I don't even have that many in total, never mind running them at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement