THE device of 2009? - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

I just went through all of the folders and opened everything I could. I admit, it does get slower with EVERYTHING open, but it wasn't until after about 20 or so that I noticed.

From what I can remember, I was running..
-Messaging
-Y-Browser
-Web Browser (no page loaded)
-Settings
-Contacts
-Calendar
-Log
-Music Player
-Video Player
-MediaBrowser
-Recorder
-Gallery
-Symella
-Symtorrent
-YouTube (app)
-Camera
-Real Player
-Podcasts
-Qik
-Garmin MobileXT
-Nokia Maps
-Google Maps
-Compass
-GPS+
-RomPatcher+
-Modo
-Best Profiles
-Bluetooth
-AutoInstaller
-SPB Puzzle
-Gravity
-DLNA
-Handy Weather
-Facebook (app)
-Shazam
-SportsTracker
-Smart Search
-ActiveFile
-Nokia Email
-Calculator
-Nokia Bluetooth Keyboard
-Nokia Barcode Reader
-Clock
-Converter
-Notes

There may have even been more, but I only have the one screenshot left after deleting the rest. You can try it yourself though. Start opening everything in every folder until it starts closing things in the background. It'll take you a while.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM

AD29368 is on a distinguished road

Bloody hell that's a lot of apps in one go but then the omnia hd does have a beast of preocessor even so that must surely beat any winmo smartphone i doubt the TG01 could do that!
A seperate camera feature would be good as you say there are so many settings it would be difficult to put it in a general review and needs a seperate feature

Anyway keep up the good work

cheers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 AM

capitaine is an unknown quantity at this point

thx jonny. I will check out some of those apps which i hadn't heard of before, like Symella. Also thx for the Autoinstaller tip - that will most def come in useful after the next fw install.

About the DLNA, your video made it look very easy but that's not the experience I get. The one time I got the PS3 to show the i8910, it didn't list any files. Usually it doesn't even detect the phone - just says 'no media servers detected'.

Also, are you using a screen protector?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:56 PM

epo is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say that I agree with the others - excellent review. Even after reading about 10 others before it was very informative - thanks for your efforts!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

Again, thanks for your support guys!

@capitaine, I don't know what I'm doing differently with my i8910/router/PS3 than you because I really didn't do anything other than just run it with default settings. If it makes any difference, I have my PS3 hard wired to my router with an Ethernet cable since I usually stream much larger files from my desktop to my PS3.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM

capitaine is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh.. I should have updated my post. I have now got it working... ie managed to stream a very stuttery helicopter video to my Samsung HD tv via PS3. No photos or music appeared in the list on the PS3 however.

BUT.. on the phone itself, the DLNA app is only showing the same 11 videos that I had the very first time I turned the Connected app on (a couple of months ago). How comes it isn't refreshing the list!?? I can't work it out - it should just list whatever videos the Media Browser shows, surely??
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 AM

publisher is on a distinguished road

Great review. Best ive read, and thats about every single one on the net. Its not the typical reviews that everyone else gives telling about all the same stuff over and over.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Riz is on a distinguished road

Wonderful review and I think its spot on.
My i8910 works well, only issue was stuttering video`s but only the Samsung demo ones. I think its because they use higher mbs rates, my divx ones stream perfectly along with my pictures and music.

Im really impressed with this phone.

Riz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement