Omnia HD.. a Good phone but not a great phone. - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 AM

skan93 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Omnia HD.. a Good phone but not a great phone.

I bought my Omnia HD from Saudi Arabia yesterday where I live, going through the functions of the phone all night to my excitement I will put forward my likes and dislikes which will summarise my feel for the phone.
Keeping in MIND i had an iPhone 3G before this here are the following.

1. massive and amazingly good quality screen.
2. Great video playback, put in some movies which looked fantastic, the surround experience is amazing during travelling.
3. ability to personalise your phone with ease, adding mp3 ringtones, adding themes etc. (NOT AVAILABLE IN iPhone without a pain)
4. Good keyboard for messaging
5. Nice camera quality
6. Good battery life
7. Loud sound of the music player
8. kool 3D switching and widgets which make life easier.

Dislikes
1. No camera lens cover
2. Scrolling cud have been better
3. My auto rotate for silencing calls duz not work
4. no zooming in the gallery for photos using the fingers.

the rest all is good in the phone , But I am seriously looking how to solve the problem of not being able to silence calls through rotation, that function is amazing and very cool to show off, any suggestions...
my sensor setting are on..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM

ok my bad,, the call silencer works absolutely fine... it is just that you have to flip the phone so that the phone's camera is facing u and it goes silent...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 PM

sdemirel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan93 View Post

Dislikes
1. No camera lens cover

the rest all is good in the phone .
4 . Use volume keys to zoom in or out

Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan93 View Post

Dislikes
1. No camera lens cover

the rest all is good in the phone , But I am seriously looking how to solve the problem of not being able to silence calls through rotation, that function is amazing and very cool to show off, any suggestions...
my sensor setting are on..
1.) We have discussed lens covers on this forum. The overall concensus is that most of them do more harm than good (take a look at the nokia lens cover that actually SCRATCHES the lens, and didn't the innov8 lens cover jam\fail mechanically?) Ours is beveled in and protected, there's no need to worry.

2.) No kinetic scrolling unfortunately is a *feature* of symbian. Symbian is obsolete and needs updating. They took v3 and patched together a 3rd rate hack for touch screen support and called it v5. No news here unfortunately :-\ heh.

3.) Do you have this feature enabled? Mine works fine. It also works for silencing alarms. You have to turn the phone a complete 180 degrees to make itsilence calls -- you cant just shake it or something (which is what I originlly thought as well).

4.) What? Open the gallery application then tap images and videos. Tap any picture that comes up to open it. Tap the screen once and a zoom bar should appear in the upper left hand corner. Also -- There are alternative gallery programs. I actually don't mind the one that's built in, I like how it works with the phones accelerometer and can go back forward based on how you tilt the phone, but either way you are not locked into using it. Check threads on here for an alternative media gallery program, there is another one that people like -- forgot the name.

Honestly there's way worse stuff wrong with it than what you've listed :P heh!

Last edited by surge; 08-24-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM

ok people talkin about my zooming dislike shoud read it again.. It says no zooming in using the fingers which means.. the sort of zoom used in iPhone or HTC HD screens where u use two fingers to zoom in in iPhone, and HTC where you move ur finger round and the screen zooms in I can see the zoom bar that is fine..

talkin about the much worse stuff.. This is the ONLY WORSE STUFF tha I found I dun think there is much wrong with the phone.
Considering I live in Saudi Arabia where the use of mobile internet is not very quick and common I am not so used to using Mobile Internet..
Did use iPhone 3g in UK . but Cant compare it with this as the 3G services in Saudi Arabia are not currently up to the mark..
Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Wardski is on a distinguished road

Its definately a good phone, but is limited by how far Samsung are willing to go with add-ons such as Samsung Store, firmware upgrades, widgets and S60 5th ed software.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:47 PM

sirano100 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
1.) 2.) No kinetic scrolling unfortunately is a *feature* of symbian. Symbian is obsolete and needs updating. They took v3 and patched together a 3rd rate hack for touch screen support and called it v5. No news here unfortunately :-\ heh.
Honestly there's way worse stuff wrong with it than what you've listed :P heh!
Sorry to say this Surge, , but it is inexcusable, for a company to do this to the consumer, particularly since this product enjoyed such reviews, which certainly grabbed me, and how disappointing at the price most of us paid for it. Why should we go thru these shenanigans?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM

blowy666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirano100 View Post
Sorry to say this Surge, , but it is inexcusable, for a company to do this to the consumer, particularly since this product enjoyed such reviews, which certainly grabbed me, and how disappointing at the price most of us paid for it. Why should we go thru these shenanigans?
So why dont you sell the phone??
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

While browsing your pictures Samsung provided built-in gallery or media browser you have total of 3 different zoom in/out features! With 3rd party photo browsers you have even more...
1. Gallery only - tap the screen and adjust zoom slider up.
2. Media Browser - tap and hold on the screen then push up when arrows appear.
3. Media Browser - double-tap on the picture to zoom in.

Zooming out work the same way but reverse...

Not enough? You must be joking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement