Battery life comparison Between Blackberry BOLD and i8910 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:51 AM

sdemirel is on a distinguished road
Default Battery life comparison Between Blackberry BOLD and i8910

I have run a real life test to see how the i8910's battery life compares to blackberry

As you may alreadydy know Blackberries are very famous for their baterry life

Altough BB BOLD is one of the weakest Blackberries in this area it is still one of best smartphones in terms of baterry life

Test has been conducted as follows

2 phones charged overnight and taken from charge at 8:00 am and never charged again (or connected to USB) until phones shut them off

Blackberry has a very accurate battery level info in status section (shows remainin batterry as percentage)

I have calculated i8910 remaining batter percentage as follows

altough its possible to see ADC levels of of 140-142 with overcharging and topping I have measured the level right after disconnecting from charger and found the level 132

I have taken 132 as max battery level (i.e. 100%)

altough you can force phone to go till ADC level 58 I have checked phones first shut of level around 62's and

Accepted ADC level 65 as minimum level (i.e. 0%)

132 - 65 = 67 is our range of operation and I have calculated % of remaining battery life based on this range

My usage was moderate to low (ie few phone calls packet radio is always active on both phones transfering similar amount of data over 3G limited multimedia and moderate screen usage (screen is lighted vey frequenyly)

My findings are

1. Both phones battery consumption are very similar to each other i.e. on each time interval both phone shows the same percent of baterry percentage remaining

2. both phones remained 45 hours (plus minus 20 mins from each other)

My normal usage routine (which is not requires to wake up my blackberry every 30 mins to check batterry) gives me around 3 days of hassle free use on Blackberry BOLD . So we can assume that in every day use i8910 may also have enough stamina for 3 days

MY CONCLUSSION IS

i8910s battery life is fantastic. Altough its a huge screen multimedia phone, you can compare its batterry life to the professional bussiness phones like blacberry BOLD

Last edited by sdemirel; 08-21-2009 at 03:04 AM. Reason: TYPING ERROR
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to sdemirel For This Useful Post:
Fevves (10-20-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 AM

conada is on a distinguished road
Default battery bars

i have a questions, i charged my phone last night till full -7 bars, took it off around 8am in the morning. I didn't use it much, some picture/video taking, 5-10 phone calls (short ones) and just lock/unlocking it quite a lot to check on things ...but nothing major like internet/bluetooth or speakers. I found that by 9-10pm, it has only 2 bars left. And i left it alone until now 1am, and it's still 2 bars.
My question is: is the battery bad ? or i used it too much (which i dun think was the case) ? or the first 5 bar only indicates a small amount of the battery and the last 2 bars indicate there's still quite alot battery life left ( i heard from alot of pplz that the last 2 bars last the longest ? maybe just the way the battery bars system laid out i guess ?)
Please let me know if my battery is bad or it is like that for everyone else ? and if it is bad, can i request a new battery since i bought it less than a week ago. Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conada View Post
i have a questions, i charged my phone last night till full -7 bars, took it off around 8am in the morning. I didn't use it much, some picture/video taking, 5-10 phone calls (short ones) and just lock/unlocking it quite a lot to check on things ...but nothing major like internet/bluetooth or speakers. I found that by 9-10pm, it has only 2 bars left. And i left it alone until now 1am, and it's still 2 bars.
My question is: is the battery bad ? or i used it too much (which i dun think was the case) ? or the first 5 bar only indicates a small amount of the battery and the last 2 bars indicate there's still quite alot battery life left ( i heard from alot of pplz that the last 2 bars last the longest ? maybe just the way the battery bars system laid out i guess ?)
Please let me know if my battery is bad or it is like that for everyone else ? and if it is bad, can i request a new battery since i bought it less than a week ago. Thank you
I didnt note but how many bars means how many percent but since I am experiencing the same dilemma when it shifts to 1 bar from 2 I have checked it and its around 30% in 1 bar (1/3 of battery power)

So Battery metter definetly not calibrated

Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 PM

tried to dechipher the meaning of the battery indicator this time here is the results

100% - 85 % 7 BARS
85% - 70 % 6 BARS
70 % - 60 % 5 BARS
4 BARS
3 BARS Not discharged the battery full but each bar 10% here
2 BARS
30% - 0% 1 BARS

so it is not the most accurate battery metter I have ever seen
Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 PM

conada is on a distinguished road

Wow, Thank you for the details. So it means after 1 day of moderate use, i only had around 30-40% left. Is it a good battery life ? or should i request another battery since i just bought it 4 days ago and it has 1 year warranty ?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 AM

arthursantossp is on a distinguished road

@sderimel

The porcentage you post is pretty accurate...
That last bar is a very good warrior, he can fight the whole day before giving up! lol
Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 AM

GIR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursantossp View Post
@sderimel

That last bar is a very good warrior, he can fight the whole day before giving up! lol
This is true. With my usage the battery lasts 3 days (music, video, 3G webbrowsing, email, navigation, the lot) the first 2 days it uses the first 6 bars and the last days it keeps going on the last bar. This is probably something psychological to get you to charge before the battery runs out completely.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 PM

U4ORIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursantossp View Post
@sderimel

Holy ****, I actually laughed out loud at your metaphorical representation of our demigod - the last bar.

Very funny way to describe him. LOL!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:02 PM

antihero is on a distinguished road

lol. 42nded on the battery being awesome.

Can make it two full days including 4 hours of mp3 listening and a 15 city mile trip using google maps. FANTASTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement