My Symbian camera phone 4-way shootout - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Photos and Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 AM

waspbloke is on a distinguished road
Default My Symbian camera phone 4-way shootout

2, 5, 8, 12 Megapixel challenge!
Just for fun, please excuse the terrible still life arrangement...

N91 vs [ N95 vs i8910 vs N8 ] - all 4 phones, 1 each under bright illumination and last [3] in the dark with flash. All other settings auto. All taken using self-timer with Joby GorillaMobile tripod thing so no camera shake.

>> 4-way shootout album <<

Conclusions:
N91 isn't even a contender - obviously.
N95 and i8910 are the wrong way round with each performing as well as I'd expected the other to do.
N8 was always going to be the winner but in this limited test, the N95 was a strong performer.

I'll do a daylight shootout next and this time tweak the settings of each one to get the very best pictures I can. Hopefully I won't be left feeling quite so underwhelmed by my i8910.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

nice comparison

Probably everybody here is disappointed about the problems the i8910 has with its flash, you never know if the image will be over-exposed or under-exposed, you can only be sure that it won't be just right

But for outside day pics the i8910 is awesome.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Shiva is on a distinguished road

wow..You must be blind waspbloke.

You wrote your conclusions nicely BUT the results speaks for them selves..
I really appreciate your hard work of doing this comparison!

i8910 is the big winner here...and I am just being 100% objective.

ohh and btw, next time when you take a picture with no light at all please don't put +2 for the light exposure (at the i8910) so you WON'T get bright pictures like that.

Last edited by Shiva; 11-06-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 PM

waspbloke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
Not sure how you come to that conclusion, the i8910 pictures are clearly awful by comparison - too much colour and over-exposed. And the over-exposure was not my doing but the i8910 'auto' deciding what was best.

It really is a bit random with the i8910 tho' I have two pics I took the next day, one after the other with the exif info telling me that they were exactly the same settings yet the two images are totally different.

Anyway, that was then, this is now, I've just flashed it to HX11 so I'll see what a difference that makes (if any).
Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 AM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva View Post

You wrote your conclusions nicely BUT the results speaks for them selves..
I really appreciate your hard work of doing this comparison!

ohh and btw, next time when you take a picture with no light at all please don't put +2 for the light exposure (at the i8910) so you WON'T get bright pictures like that.
i think you are mistaken here, with the i8910 you get too bright or too dark images randomly, no matter what settings you use
Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Well, the i8910 has never been all that good at indoor pictures. Mostly due to the flash not firing correctly, it seems to be off by a small amount of time. Luckily you can compensate for it, by overexposing a bit, but this was shot on auto as stated.
Without flash the auto-ISO seems to be quite aggressive resulting in too muddy pictures and still not able to freeze the action.

Looking forward to your outdoor picture comparison which the i8910 is much better suited for It has a great dynamic range and exposure meter..and even takes quite good night shots if you're a bit patient and have steady hands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement