How to flash Omnia HD in Windows Vista/7 without virtual machines (ROM Flash or PCS) - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 PM

norc is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb How to flash Omnia HD in Windows Vista/7 without virtual machines (ROM Flash or PCS)

All you have to do to get it working is to install latest PC-Studio then follow the instructions on this page:
How to flash and debrand your samsung i8910

The only problem is installing the SSDN driver. This can be achieved by installing in compatibility mode for WinXP SP2.
In Windows 7 you do it like this:
- right click the setup file (SSDN_V1.1.808.7165_SETUP_whql.exe)
- click Troubleshoot compatibility
- choose Troubleshoot program
- Check only The program worked in earlier versions of windows... and click Next
- Choose Windows XP (Service pack 2) and click next
- Click start program and follow the installation instructions
- Reboot if asked and you are done

After this update in PC Studio works fine and using Symbian ROM Falshing tool should work as well.

I suspect this should work in 64 bit versions also as I used it on XP 64bit and it worked without a hitch.

Good luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to norc For This Useful Post:
Kimimila (08-15-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 11:15 AM

mathitis is on a distinguished road
Default Please help!!!! I'm a new member!!!

HI,i've just bought an i8910 with uk orange firmaware (software vers. I8910BVIE7 custom vers I8910RAIE4).i'd like to ask to many thinks because i'm an ignorant about this thinks
Any suggestion about a decent firmware??
As i live in Greece i'd prefer to have the greek language!!
If i flash the phone will i lose my contacts?

And as i run win7ultimate ican't use the Pc suite although i tried to install ssdn_v1.808.7165.........

Does anybody knows what's the code is for clearing the timer for dialled numbers????

Thanx in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM

silver is on a distinguished road

PC Studio works fine in win7 64 ultimate, it just kinda installs the wrong driver (32 bit) during installation.
You need to manually update your driver to the 64 bit one (found on cd or downloaded setup folder) and it'll work.

If you flash your phone, you'll loose the contacts saved to the phone.
Just make sure all of them are saved to your sim card, and you won't loose any of them.

As for firmware, there are quite a few discussions here on the forums.
If you're searching for a hacked firmware, have a look at the hyperx threads.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Rvans80 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone actually tried this? I've done as discussed but can't get the flash tool to see my phone!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 AM

Desvbo is on a distinguished road

hey m8
thx alot for this tutorial, ill try it soon...
anyways, could you make it even more clear, just exact step-by-step instructions with download links to the latest pc studio and that other file?
i would greatly appreciate it...

PS: r u german?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM

justino10950 is on a distinguished road

Hmm too bad this doesn't work for me :s. The installer loads almost full bar and then it says: "SAMSUNG SYMBIAN USB Download Driver was not installed successfully".
Any ideas?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 PM

keinervonvielen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvans80 View Post
Has anyone actually tried this? I've done as discussed but can't get the flash tool to see my phone!
Same here with new HX FW!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:29 PM

sorry I've been away for a while.

@rvans80: PC Studio does not see your phone because the driver I mentioned in the tutorial is not installed. And you have to install it manually as described in the tutorial via the win xp sp2 compatibility mode.

@desvbo: I'm sorry but I do not want to copy other peoples work so the link to the tutorial I have provided should be enough. As for the download links the versions of pc studio change so just download it from samsungmobile the SSDN driver download link is provided in the tutorial i linked.

for other: make sure you follow the steps exactly and as I said I am not sure if the same works on 64bit win7 as I have not tried it. Silver mentioned that there is 64bit version of the driver so that might be worth a try. As for 32bit it worked for me first time no problems at all.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:36 PM

KayNine is on a distinguished road

Everything works fine but says phone is not connected when choosing a phone. W7 32bit HP
Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM

That must be a different problem as the problem I was having was only with the update in PC Studio where it would say it can not find the phone as it is looking for the download driver which is used for updating firmware, but the rest of PC studio worked fine. Make sure you have the all the other drivers installed from cd and make sure you select PC Studio mode on the phone when you connect it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
update windows7 7 vista