How to import my .vcf contacts to the phone? - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 05:15 AM

FrankMendesBR is on a distinguished road
Default How to import my .vcf contacts to the phone?

Hello there.

I have some problems, when I did the backup of my N95 via Bluetooth, I got all my contacts in "vCard" format (.vcf), and I'm here to ask if that's any way to have them back to the Omnia HD.

I hope that's a way!

Thanks all
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

I remember I exported all my contacts in separated *.vcf files from my old phone then I transfered them via BT dongle on my home PC with 'File Transfer' option (I have WIDCOMM BT chipped dongle). They all appeeared as BT messages so I saved them that way... It's one by one process but hey, at least I haven't had to enter them all manually. Besides this way, I couldn't figure another more convenient to transfer them all...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 AM

lamarque is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to lamarque

If you had used the search tool in the forum you would know that you can import them to Outlook Express and use PC Studio to sync Outlook Express to i8910. That is also possible in Linux Omnia and Linux
Linux User #57137 - http://counter.li.org/
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 AM

sockenbuegler is on a distinguished road

You must NOT copy every single file and open + save it. Just do the following:

* Copy all your .vcf files on your memorycard / mass storage into the path: \Others\Contacts\
* Open your Phonebook
* Options
* Mark/Unmark -> Mark all
* Options
* Copy business card -> To other memory

The same way you can copy all your phonebook entrys from your phonebook to your mass storage and transfer them to another symbian phone (i prefer this way to backup my phonebook incl. phonebook-pictures etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to sockenbuegler For This Useful Post:
Fevves (10-29-2009)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Great advice, I'll be sure to remember this next time I'm to c/p my phonebook
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM

sockenbuegler is on a distinguished road

I've transfered my contacts from different phones to the other this way (Nokia 5800 Xpress Music to Samsung i8910HD) and it worked like a charme! Just grab the MicroSD and put it into the HD and transfer the Files back - as easy as it sounds :-)

S.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 AM

publisher is on a distinguished road

All you have to do is connect your phone to your computer and open the Samsung Phone browser from My computer.
Open the phone and open the contacts folder.
Then you can just drag all the vcf files to your computer, do whatever to your phone, and drag them back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement