The "Samsung Widget" home screen seems to be quite popular, but I much prefer the "Finger Use" home screen, which I find more attractive, minimalist, and very functional.
Because some of its functionality isn't obvious and I suspect many of you have overlooked its capabilities, I thought I'd list its features:
- 1 tap access to the clock/alarm - just touch the clock at the top left
- 2 tap access to the calendar - just touch the date to bring up a menu, then select Open Calendar
- 2 tap access to phone profiles - just touch the date to bring up a menu, then select the profile you want
- 1 tap access to any one of 4 application shortcuts at the top - configure them in Settings-->Personal-->Home Screen-->Shortcuts
Note: If you need more than 4 application shortcuts then why not use one of them to open My Media, which you can then customise as required?
- Display of, and 1 tap access to view/edit upcoming appointments
- Display of, and 1 tap access to view/edit incomplete/overdue tasks
- Display of current track playing/paused in Music Player, and 1 tap access to the Music Player
Did you know all that? Have *I* missed anything? Let me know...