Guide to the "Finger Use" home screen - it's more useful than you think! - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:57 PM

MarcusT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynster View Post
Otherwise I'll have to live with it as I can't flash to a different firmware (vista on my laptop).
There's a thread somewhere (probably firmware subforum) about how to flash via a virtual machine, very easy to set up, and works perfectly, it's what I use (I'm running Windows 7) and I've done about 10 flashes with it without problems...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbloke View Post
Seems quite ridiculous that we're only allowed four shortcuts.
Yes, but you can always set one to My Media, or perhaps there's a handy little freeware popup shortcut launcher that would do the job better? I haven't looked, I'm happy enough with 4, can access everything else through the apps screens, which I have well organised...

Quote:
How else to force us to buy widgets though?
Buy them? They're plain HTML/CSS/JS/IMGs so surely can't be sold, too easy to copy! Or did you mean "buy INTO them"?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
I'm just annoyed with myself that I assumed this sort of thing would be a given on such an advanced platform.
I agree, having upgraded from an S60v3 phone (N95) I had hoped for a more sophisticated home screen - the "finger use" one is the best of a disappointing bunch.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 PM

jmh2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT View Post
I agree, having upgraded from an S60v3 phone (N95) I had hoped for a more sophisticated home screen - the "finger use" one is the best of a disappointing bunch.
I agree too, which is why i moved to running Handy Shell. The features of 'finger use' and some...

It will be great if SPB launch an S60 version of their shell: Screenshots SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software
Old 10-05-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
It will be great if SPB launch an S60 version of their shell: Screenshots SPB Mobile Shell Pocket PC Software SPB Software
Their message "SPB Mobile Shell doesn't support Symbian yet." suggests that they're working on it...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 PM

ipitbull is on a distinguished road

I agree with you guys. The finger use is crap. What bothers me most, is that the dates and meetings from organiser are so bad shown. Next event sonday.....press for further information.... I tried handy shell either, but what i do t like is the shell taskmann. I cannot use the 3d taskman, while using handyshell.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipitbull View Post
I agree with you guys. The finger use is crap.
Actually we're saying that it's the *least* crap home screen, i.e. the relative best compared to the others available...
Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 AM

70NYD is on a distinguished road

i love finger use, its good only because there are no realy useful widgets...
as for the profile thing u can hold the hangup button to bring up a menu for profiles/switch off..
Old 10-18-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
as for the profile thing u can hold the hangup button to bring up a menu for profiles/switch off..
The problem with that is that if you're connected via GPRS/EDGE/etc it brings up the disconnection dialogue box instead, unless you hold the button down for about 4 seconds, which then does bring up the profile switcher but if you're not careful it's easy to accidentally switch off the phone by holding down the button too long!

Hence I much prefer using the tap-menu on the finger-use home screen instead...
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM

he_stheone64 is on a distinguished road
Default Smart Settings

The ultimate enhancement for the Finger Use Homescreen is Smart Settings 3.01. Just use one of the 4 shortcuts and Smart Settings offers a drop down list, where you can add as many app AND contact shortcuts as you need. This really changes everything on the homescreen, since you have direct access even to stuff like WLAN creator or whatever you need PLUS your favorite contacts. This makes the phone so much more usable...
The Following User Says Thank You to he_stheone64 For This Useful Post:
jacksonj51 (11-09-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement