Guide to the "Finger Use" home screen - it's more useful than you think! - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 06:25 AM

endarion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
How do you access the music player with one touch?
When a song is playing, the music player will show on the home screen. You can't start it from the home screen unless you dedicate one of your shortcut buttons to it. It's only 2 taps to get there through the menu though, so it's not too bad. If you are flexible about your shortcuts, "smart search" (or your preferred search) make a great addition, as you can find the song/photo for the moment in a flash.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 06:45 AM

silentangst is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to silentangst

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT View Post
Yes it is...
My mistake, I thought you were talking about the widget mode.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
How do you access the music player with one touch?

You can make a short cut to the music player from the finger use home screen

I used finger use also and think its unrated. I find the widgets a pain in the arse. At least with finger use I set my shorts to GPS, music player and the web browser.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM

MarcusT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy View Post
there's an application called BTswitch....one click to off/on the BT function.
That's a good option! However, I often want to see what's in the vicinity and pair with a specific device so will stick with the Bluetooth app.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffpower2002 View Post
Here is one more tab: If you are connected to USB and tap the same area where the bluetooth icon is, the pop up menu also includes a link to the USB menu (e.g. switch from PC Studio to Mass Storage). You can also access the clock/alarm and the connectivity menus from this pop up menu.

Not sure if this is all really helpful but just for completeness... :-)
In the same menu you're talking about, you can click the connection icon next to the clock and it brings you right to the Connectivity settings. There, you can turn Bluetooth on or off, open the WLAN settings, or whatever else you'd like to do. I think you guys were trying to describe this earlier, but got hung up on arguing with each other about the Bluetooth menu not showing up in the list if it's turned off. This menu allows you to change the BT settings regardless, though it's not one tap.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Brynster is on a distinguished road

I'm a big fan of the basic/finger homescreen too. I just llike to have the screen fairly empty to show whatever wallpaper I'm using at the time and all the shortcuts that were listed on the first posts suit me just fine.

However the homescreen has recently stopped showing the date and network so I no longer have a shortcut to change the profile I'm using or the calender. Annoying as I change profile quite regularly.

Can't seem to find anyway to switch it back on. Anybody got any ideas how to?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynster View Post
the homescreen has recently stopped showing the date and network so I no longer have a shortcut to change the profile I'm using or the calender. Annoying as I change profile quite regularly.

Can't seem to find anyway to switch it back on. Anybody got any ideas how to?
Hmmmm.... I'm not aware of any way to switch them off, so there must be a bug... did the disappearance correspond to installing/flashing a new firmware? If so, which?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Nope, still on the original orange firmware that came with the phone (only got it 3 weeks ago).
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Then perhaps it's a bug that's since been fixed in other firmware releases... there's certainly no setting that would cause what you're observing.

If you don't want to flash to another ROM you could try doing a backup, resetting your phone to factory defaults, then doing a restore. But given that it's happened once, it could happen again some time...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT View Post
Then perhaps it's a bug that's since been fixed in other firmware releases... there's certainly no setting that would cause what you're observing.

If you don't want to flash to another ROM you could try doing a backup, resetting your phone to factory defaults, then doing a restore. But given that it's happened once, it could happen again some time...
Yeah, your probably right about it being a bug. Think I might try doing a restore at the weekend and see if that solves it.

Otherwise I'll have to live with it as I can't flash to a different firmware (vista on my laptop).

Thanks anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement