Guide to flashing on Windows 7 using Virtual XP without needing a disk - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 12:30 PM

Phone_Guru is on a distinguished road
Default Guide to flashing on Windows 7 using Virtual XP without needing a disk

1. Install Sun Virtualbox from www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads, normal install
2. Download Virtual XP aka XP mode from the http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx and install, normal install
3. Open virtual box and create a new virtual machine using your virtual XP installation as the virtual hard drive.
4. Before powering on your virtual machine go into settings and under the USB section create two new filters, leave the details blank
5. Start your virtual machine. It will finish installing XP
6. Put all of your files i.e. firmware, drivers, ROM flashing tool and MSMXL.msi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en onto a USB drive.
7. In the virtualbox window click on devices and go to USB devices and click on the USB drive. It should show upin your virtual machine.
8. Install MSMXL.msi and all of your driver files as you would normally
9. Open Symbian ROM flasher and find the files as you would normally.
10. Plug in your phone to a USB port. It should be recognised.
11. Remove it and put it into bootloader mode and reconnect. The download start button should be available to click.

12. Happy Flashing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Phone_Guru For This Useful Post:
FrankMendesBR (11-05-2009), getsetgo_008 (05-17-2010), Hei (01-17-2010), hisham (08-24-2009), mh2k3 (10-10-2009), mohcivil (04-14-2010), owal (05-05-2010), sam8808 (09-22-2009), yael20 (02-18-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM

jamieladc is on a distinguished road
Default re: Guide to flashing on Windows 7 using Virtual XP without needing a disk

When you say install Virtual XP - do you mean in virtual box or on your pc as a normal installation?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Default re: Guide to flashing on Windows 7 using Virtual XP without needing a disk

Do exactly what it says in the guide. See the next steps and you'll realise the answer.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 PM

justmeinit is on a distinguished road

any one got a link for the virtual xp the only one i can find is the one that works with Windows 7 only
Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM

dat_geeer is on a distinguished road

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

google is your friend remember :P
Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM

justmeinit is on a distinguished road

cheers for that mate right ive downloaded them both and followed the steps but when i go to launch the virtual pc it says fatal error
Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 PM

leo85 is on a distinguished road

I am struggling to get virtual XP to run. When I try to start the XP Virtual box I get the following message:

Failed to start the virtual machine 2,

Failed to open image 'C:\Program Files\Virtual Windows XP\Virtual Windows XP.vhd'
for writing due to wrong permissions (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

Failed to attach driver below us! Image is read-only.
(VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

PIIX3 cannot attach drive to the Primary Master
(VERR_VDJMAGE_READ_ONLY),

Unknown error creating VM (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY)

Details
Result Code: E FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: Console
Interface: IConsole {Oa51994b-cbc6-4686-94eb-d4e4023280e2}

I have tried changing the permissions of Virtual Windows XP.vhd without success, even though I am Administrator.
I've only just started using Windows 7, so the solution to my problem maybe my unfamiliarity with the OS.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 PM

scoopex is on a distinguished road

If you have windows 7 only all you need to do is to download virtual-pc using the 1-2-3 process on the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

This will install windows xp without the need of using a dvd image or cd rom.

You can then use the standard flashing guide to update your mobile phones firmware.

To run virtual-pc on vista your pc must have the following settings enabled in the bios.

Windows Virtual PC requires a CPU with the Intel™ Virtualization Technology or AMD-V® feature turned on. This feature must be enabled in the system BIOS. For details on how to enable, visit the Configure BIOS page or check with your computer manufacturer
Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 PM

scoopex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopex View Post
If you have windows Vista all you need to do is to download virtual-pc using the 1-2-3 process on the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

This will install windows xp without the need of using a dvd image or cd rom.

You can then use the standard flashing guide to update your mobile phones firmware.

To run virtual-pc on vista your pc must have the following settings enabled in the bios.

Windows Virtual PC requires a CPU with the Intel™ Virtualization Technology or AMD-V® feature turned on. This feature must be enabled in the system BIOS. For details on how to enable, visit the Configure BIOS page or check with your computer manufacturer
Thanks for the link, have you used the XP Image here with Virtual PC, because when a friend showed me that page, and i downloaded the image, Virtual PC wouldnt read it.
You have NO need to use any XP image with what i just posted as it supplied with the virtual-pc setup.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 PM

Dark Angel. you don't need to download virtual PC and Virtualbox. I told you to download XP mode aka Virtual XP not virtual PC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement