How to improve the loudness of Mp4 / Divx movies and Audio playback. - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM

Sathinas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to improve the loudness of Mp4 / Divx movies and Audio playback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_geeer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathinas View Post
These are some of the settings I have:

http://picasaweb.google.com/tefut8/HD
These are the default settings and only cover the first voice call option...
Ok. Then... why don't you take some screenshots for us showing us what settings we need to change? :
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 PM

sudhu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to improve the loudness of Mp4 / Divx movies and Audio playback.

Quote:
Quote:
I suggest you guys be careful when messing with the gains.

Start out in small increments and go from there. I set my ring volume gain a little too high, and about had a heart attack when the phone rang.
Well at least you didn't miss the call eh? =p

Also, just wondering, I'm no expert on changing the volumes on the sounds, so can someone post some settings that would give the best results??
Try this: Mp4 playback in settings: Coarse gain: 6DB Analog gain: 6DB PreDR gain:6DB MaxPGAIN:20DB
go back to main menu after this, press back-up, then when it replies with 'back-up ok' press exit. this is very loud and it works for all speaker settings i.e. MP3, e.t.c
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 PM

rplummer01 is on a distinguished road

WORKS FOR ME, YOUR A LEGEND, whoops caps, nm i want to shout it as my phone is too loud!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Highspeed123 is on a distinguished road

I feel the need to write a warning here. There seems to be a bug in some of the firmwares that can mess up the settings in this hidden menu. When changing certain values and restarting the phone it can cause the ringer loudness value to jump to 100db...even though the max limit is 29 and that causes the upper speaker to blow when receiving a message or the start up tone activating. I know of 5 people this has happened to now including my friend. So be careful and don't go messing around to much!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM

gnusmas8910HD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed123 View Post
I feel the need to write a warning here. There seems to be a bug in some of the firmwares that can mess up the settings in this hidden menu. When changing certain values and restarting the phone it can cause the ringer loudness value to jump to 100db...even though the max limit is 29 and that causes the upper speaker to blow when receiving a message or the start up tone activating. I know of 5 people this has happened to now including my friend. So be careful and don't go messing around to much!
Thanx 4 the soot out mate
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM

peterjohno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhu View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I suggest you guys be careful when messing with the gains.

Start out in small increments and go from there. I set my ring volume gain a little too high, and about had a heart attack when the phone rang.
Well at least you didn't miss the call eh? =p

Also, just wondering, I'm no expert on changing the volumes on the sounds, so can someone post some settings that would give the best results??
Try this: Mp4 playback in settings: Coarse gain: 6DB Analog gain: 6DB PreDR gain:6DB MaxPGAIN:20DB
go back to main menu after this, press back-up, then when it replies with 'back-up ok' press exit. this is very loud and it works for all speaker settings i.e. MP3, e.t.c
Cheers sudhu. Still felt mine was too quiet. These settings are now perfect. The loudness now is different class. Thanks again
Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM

sudhu is on a distinguished road

No problem, always happy to help
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM

fmiah786 is on a distinguished road

hi i changed some settings on the mp4 loudspeaker settings (maxpgain to 20db) it was ok until the volume went really loud. checked the settings again and the maxpgain had shot from 20db to 100db. ive turned it down to 0db but the speakers are not the same ie mp4 playback is fuzzy and crackling plus notification tone is different. anything i can do to fix this?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 AM

peterjohno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmiah786 View Post
hi i changed some settings on the mp4 loudspeaker settings (maxpgain to 20db) it was ok until the volume went really loud. checked the settings again and the maxpgain had shot from 20db to 100db. ive turned it down to 0db but the speakers are not the same ie mp4 playback is fuzzy and crackling plus notification tone is different. anything i can do to fix this?
Check out Highspeeds post a little further back. Sounds like you have blew the top speaker.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM

serw1s is on a distinguished road

Hey.
I change something in my options and in radio not working + - volume. Of 0-1 working and of 1-9 nothing happen, 9-10 is suddenly very high volume. Somebody help me? Somebody can write me or take several photo default settitings of:

voice call:
handset:
Tx MicAmp:
Tx Channel:
Rx Channel:
Rx APGA:
Rx Rcvr:
Rx VRx2ARx:

Headset:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
headphone:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

PLAYSOND:
MP4 headphn:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
LT headPHN
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
VT Call:
Headphone:
Headset:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
VT call HANDSET:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
VT call Headphone:1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
FM radio HEADset:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:

And I have second question, when I buy my i8910 then I sow, that my buzzer(speaker)on the top is a little louder than bottom. All i8910 that have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement