Tips for getting the most out of the i8910 HD's 8mp Camera - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road
Default Tips for getting the most out of the i8910 HD's 8mp Camera

Hi All

I thought I would share some of the things I've found while using the camera. I've spent a long time taking photos and changing the settings to see what works best.

• Firstly, the anti-shake feature. I recommend turning this feature off (its off by default anyway) I've found that pictures with this feature off come out better. With anti-shake on you have no ISO options or flash either.
    Just hold the phone still when taking the photo!

• Use the scene modes!!I found that photos indoors were very disappointing. That is till I found that using the scene mode indoor / party and the photos came out quite good.

• Sometimes the photos have a little too much contrast, you can reduce contrast to -1 to help in some lighting situations.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 AM

Highspeed123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tips for getting the most out of the i8910 HD's 8mp Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
Hi All

I thought I would share some of the things I've found while using the camera. I've spent a long time taking photos and changing the settings to see what works best.

• Firstly, the anti-shake feature. I recommend turning this feature off (its off by default anyway) I've found that pictures with this feature off come out better. With anti-shake on you have no ISO options or flash either.
    Just hold the phone still when taking the photo!

• Use the scene modes!!I found that photos indoors were very disappointing. That is till I found that using the scene mode indoor / party and the photos came out quite good.

• Sometimes the photos have a little too much contrast, you can reduce contrast to -1 to help in some lighting situations.
Nice one! I found that for close up detailed shots macro mode on the i8910 can produce some very clear pictures. The camera is good enough for my needs anyway.

Your right about the scene modes..on this phone it's less of a gimmick and more of a necessity for getting good pictures under certain conditions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM

prcole18 is on a distinguished road

Gotta say im quite impressed with the camera during the day, turning on WDR helps with quality I think although it would be nice if this stayed on like the anti flash after debranding.

Not overly impressed with the flash though for night time shots :-\

Old 06-25-2009, 09:04 PM

mias is on a distinguished road

Thanks Briggs,

I agree that turning the anti shake off.

Also, i just got back from holiday and took loads of pics with my phone. Using the scene modes scenes certainly helps.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:13 AM

Laura Croft is on a distinguished road

Did the camera use the battery up quickly?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Croft View Post
Did the camera use the battery up quickly?
Its not too bad, depends on how much view finder is on. I tend to close it and boot up the camera the moment its needed. Since its ready in like 2-3 seconds.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 AM

roodlesnouter is on a distinguished road

Im off to Orlando soon and am undecided if to rely solely on my I8910 for photos and videos. My camera (Samsung NV3 7.2 MP compact) Isn't top of the range by any means, but it did do me proud last year. It would be really convenient to just carry the phone, but can i trust it for those all important holiday snaps? The pictures and videos iv'e taken so far are of a good quality in fact video is far superior (no surprise there) but do i need to carry a camera. What are your thoughts on this, Take the NV3 or sell it?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 AM

prcole18 is on a distinguished road

I'm off to Ibiza in July. I've got a canon ixus 860 which I will be taking for my photos. I suppose it depends on which camera you have & if its better than the omnia.

In my case the canon wins easily.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator

It depends on what the photos are. If its in door partys then the i8910's led flash is no match for any camera with a xenon flash.

I have a Casio 7.2MP its good, the i8910 comes very close to it in outdoor and good lighting shots.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:14 PM

mias is on a distinguished road

I just came back from holiday and took both phone and camera (got a cannon ixus).

I am glad I took my camera aswell.

Although the i8910 camera is one of the best on the market, I still don't think any phone is a match for a decent point and shoot camera. Primary reason being a dedicated camera is so much easier to just point and shoot and take multiple shots one after another, afterall that what its built to do, take pictures.

The i8910 came in handy for video though because its video quality is significantly better.
Also came in handy when my wife wanted to take pics. I gave her the camera and I continued taking photos with my phone , I wasn't going to give her my beloved i8910 was I .

But now i know from the experience, if I went on holiday and forgot to pack my camera, I wouldn't panick cos I can rely on the i8910 that takes better than decent photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement