Tips for getting the most out of the i8910 HD's 8mp Camera - Page 8 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
The Situation

joey is on a distinguished road

so what settings do you use when you take pictures? Do you use flash at all? And i find myself taking a lot of pictures at night at parties, etc. So what scene or mode is best for this?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
so what settings do you use when you take pictures? Do you use flash at all? And i find myself taking a lot of pictures at night at parties, etc. So what scene or mode is best for this?
It very much depends on the situation. The night shot (Fireworks scene is even better) is very good for images with fairly stable amount of light/dark..like buildings etc. For parties with flashing lights and dancing people it's useless. There i usually use standard scene with flash, ISO on 800 and change the white balance to match the lighting. Try them out..its hard to give a universal setting.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM

lgkahn is on a distinguished road

dont think the camera update does anything.. it did not ask me to connect to the net and just sat there and neither carrier or wifi showed any connection.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Voice of reason

v1rtu4l is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCow View Post
And yeah, the flash really sucks. I find the colors are all wrong..it makes everyone yellow and makes them look sick.
that is not true. i noticed that, when there is just a bit of light and you use the flash it will result in yellow or blue pictures. if you shut all light down and than use the flash it will come out with good colours. it seems as if the enviroment light does get coloured wrong when the auto-white-balance feature of the flash-mode is on.
The Following User Says Thank You to v1rtu4l For This Useful Post:
re-2007 (03-05-2010)
Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rtu4l View Post
that is not true. i noticed that, when there is just a bit of light and you use the flash it will result in yellow or blue pictures. if you shut all light down and than use the flash it will come out with good colours. it seems as if the enviroment light does get coloured wrong when the auto-white-balance feature of the flash-mode is on.
This is true, i've noticed it too. But it's extremely rare that you take pictures in pitch-black darkness Usually the whitebalance of a camera is dictated by the flash, but apparently the auto-setting hasn't been told this. So with a manual whitebalance and flash, something nice could be worked out..must try this
The Following User Says Thank You to WarCow For This Useful Post:
re-2007 (03-05-2010)
Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 AM

Vulcano is on a distinguished road

I had nokia 5800xm camera was worst of 3.2mp. In dark room ther was a lot of green noise even with exposure maxed, and flash had no help to fix green colour. Macro mode was the best of carl zeiss. I8910 camera good, but macro mode is worst than carl zeiss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement