battery life - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 12:55 AM

elecious is on a distinguished road
Default battery life

Hi

Got my HD a few of days ago, loving it

But i've recently been noticing the battery draining pretty quickly, the first couple of days were fine, i didnt even fully charge it and it was lasting ages

but now even after an overnight charge i can be down a few bars after just a few hours, not even using anything on the phone, just messaging and such, seems strange after just reading about the battery life being over 5 hours while watching video's.

Anyone else having battery issues?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM

elecious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: battery life

seem to have found the issue, when i have a memory card in the battery drains like mad, as if its constantly being used or worked with even though there isnt a single file on it, taking it out and the battery lasts for ages
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:52 PM

Davidoff55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecious View Post
seem to have found the issue, when i have a memory card in the battery drains like mad, as if its constantly being used or worked with even though there isnt a single file on it, taking it out and the battery lasts for ages
Are you closing apps. properly ???
I had similar issue and it was IMO because of apps. running in background.Every app. you are leaving go through option and exit.Otherwise app.will be still running in background.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

Yes, pressing the end key does not close most applications in S60. It just brings you back to your home screen.

If the memory card came from another S60 phone, it might also be installation files from the other S60 phone trying to find the installed app on the i8910, receiving an error, and then silently sitting as an invisible background process. This is what killed the battery on the N80 when it first came out because it shipped with a faulty memory card.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
NeilDW

After reading this i have noticed the same issue i had my phone fully charged last night, i left my memory card in to with 2 films on it only. No apps installed. And all aps where closed.

This morning 6 hours later it was half bars. And by dinner time it was on 1 bar. So in 10 -12 hours the bar was almost dead.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM

ralph8709 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Ive had my i8910HD since last thursday. At first the battery lasted for a day and a half, but i am now finding that i charge it over night and when taking off charge about 9, and not using or touching the phone, 2 hours later 2 bars had gone. a few hours later and it was down to its last 2 bars.
I fully charged it monday night, and found i had to charge it again about 3pm to last the evening. However i couldnt give it a full charge as i was heading out at 5, after taking a few pictures in the evening the phone went down to 1 bar again. I turned it off last night and back on again at 9, Again without touching the phone it hasnt drained at all, and has remained on 1 bar since 9.
I cant work out what is wrong with the phone, as it isnt good, im really considering cancellling the contract with orange as i cant rely on a phone that loses its battery life in a matter of hours without being touched.
I'm very careful with it, and always make sure that no apps are left open.

Any ideas on what to do will be welcome.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:40 PM

Highspeed123 is on a distinguished road

Well from my experience with the n96 2 big causes with a drain in power were having bluetooth switched on and the wifi scanner running in the background. Disable the wifi scanning until you really need it. Also turn off your BT. Other than that its the apps running so must make sure to exit all properly when finished.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM
NeilDW

After first thinking it was also the mem card i can confirm its not this. Around 1am last night i went to bed and took the mem card out after a full charge. This morning i woke up at 11am and the bat was down to 2 bars.

So i decided to turn the phone off as i was taking it to work to show someone. As i was turning it off, an alert came up confirming i wanted to close the internet connection!!!

I checked to see if any tasks where running and there wasnt.

So this could be one reason to the battery dieing quick.

I've also noticed that when i've been using google maps and closeing the app, that even though i can see google maps running, its still doing something in the background, it its holding an internet connect along with the built in GPS this would be another source for the batt to drain quick.

Tonight i am going to do another test, i will charge it full, turn the phone off and then back on, not running no apps. So i know they are all closed and if i wake up and the batt is almost out again i think its something to do with the phone/software we have no control over.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 PM

Davidoff55 is on a distinguished road

I would like to point out one thing:I'm noticing that my phone has lot of troubles with signal recption.In our courtyard carpark i have no signal at all with orange,before i had vodafone and on the same place i had 3g signal with two bars.My phone is constantly turning between 3G and 3G+ or fighting for any signal.I'm working and living near city center.
Maybe this is taking hell a lot of battery life.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 AM
NeilDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilDW View Post
After first thinking it was also the mem card i can confirm its not this. Around 1am last night i went to bed and took the mem card out after a full charge. This morning i woke up at 11am and the bat was down to 2 bars.

So i decided to turn the phone off as i was taking it to work to show someone. As i was turning it off, an alert came up confirming i wanted to close the internet connection!!!

I checked to see if any tasks where running and there wasnt.

So this could be one reason to the battery dieing quick.

I've also noticed that when i've been using google maps and closeing the app, that even though i can see google maps running, its still doing something in the background, it its holding an internet connect along with the built in GPS this would be another source for the batt to drain quick.

Tonight i am going to do another test, i will charge it full, turn the phone off and then back on, not running no apps. So i know they are all closed and if i wake up and the batt is almost out again i think its something to do with the phone/software we have no control over.
GOOD NEWS!!!

My batt is almost full still. Looks like it was due to inetnet and gps etc could of been still running in the background which you cant see in your task managers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement