battery life - Page 28 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">
 
i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 03:22 PM
surge's Avatar
VIP - Former Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,758
Thanks: 149
Thanked 129 Times in 93 Posts
surge is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't know if anyone else is aware of this but *#0228# tells you a TON of info about the battery..
Virtual I have doubts about your 15% incriment thing after seeing this.
Now WHY, WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE INCLUDED THIS IN THE F'N GUI???!?!?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #272 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
aziz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I don't know if anyone else is aware of this but *#0228# tells you a TON of info about the battery..
Virtual I have doubts about your 15% incriment thing after seeing this.
Now WHY, WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE INCLUDED THIS IN THE F'N GUI???!?!?!
Thanks surge for pointing this, actually I am montoring the status of the battery using this code since I could noy find accurate battery meter .

The max i reached for

Battery Raw ADC was 145
"Avg battery Val with comp" was 4.11.

The phone reports low battery when avg battery Val is 3.5
It turns of on avg battery Val 3.4

what is the maximum value for ADC & Avg Battery Value I woud expect to see to make sure that the phone has been charged fully?
is it 4.7 for Avg Battery Val?

Last edited by aziz; 08-15-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #273 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
surge's Avatar
VIP - Former Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,758
Thanks: 149
Thanked 129 Times in 93 Posts
surge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziz View Post
Thanks surge for pointing this, actually I am montoring the status of the battery using this code since I could noy find accurate battery meter .

The max i reached for

Battery Raw ADC was 145
"Avg battery Val with comp" was 4.11.

The phone reports low battery when avg battery Val is 3.5
It turns of on avg battery Val 3.4

what is the maximum value for ADC & Avg Battery Value I woud expect to see to make sure that the phone has been charged fully?
is it 4.7 for Avg Battery Val?
Wish I could tell you man I am not really into how electricity works and electrical engineering \ batteries etc...I have no idea what the numbers really mean, perhaps someone could explain?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #274 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
aziz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Wish I could tell you man I am not really into how electricity works and electrical engineering \ batteries etc...I have no idea what the numbers really mean, perhaps someone could explain?


I think ADC is Analog to Digital converter.
The battery is 3.7 Volts, 1500m Ampere which means it produces a power of value 5.5 Watts.

I really need someone from Samsung support to give us the max (fully charged) for these values.

Thanks Surge.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #275 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 07:08 PM
surge's Avatar
VIP - Former Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,758
Thanks: 149
Thanked 129 Times in 93 Posts
surge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziz View Post
I think ADC is Analog to Digital converter.
The battery is 3.7 Volts, 1500m Ampere which means it produces a power of value 5.5 Watts.

I really need someone from Samsung support to give us the max (fully charged) for these values.

Thanks Surge.
I will fully charge my phone and give you the values I get. Will edit this post when I am done.
===========

Batt Raw ADC (not comp): alternates between 139-144
Batt comp: 0
Avg ADC with comp: 140
Avg batt val with comp: 4.10
Batt type: 1500mzh
therm adc: 197 temp: 29.7

Last edited by surge; 08-15-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #276 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
aziz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I will fully charge my phone and give you the values I get. Will edit this post when I am done.
===========

Batt Raw ADC (not comp): alternates between 139-144
Batt comp: 0
Avg ADC with comp: 140
Avg batt val with comp: 4.10
Batt type: 1500mzh
therm adc: 197 temp: 29.7

My values are very close to this when fully charged.

Batt Raw ADC (not comp): alternates between 138-139
Batt comp: 0
Avg ADC with comp: 138
Avg batt val with comp: 4.08
Batt type: 1500mzh
therm adc: 198 temp: 29.7


How long does your battery lasts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #277 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 126
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
ukjeeper is on a distinguished road
Default

Gave the i8910 what i consider a good workout today. My usual 10 mile weekend walk (finishing at a pub of course...).

When i'm walking i have Viewranger (a topo map app) running. It uses the internal GPS. I also listen to podcasts, and check the web when i get to the pub. Occasionally i'll bring up Google Earth to make sure i'm where i should be (topo maps can be a little unclear at times). The screen is not on all the time, but about every 20 mins or so for a few seconds as i check where i should be going next.

I'll also use GarminXT to drive to where i'm walking and get back home.

So, today i was using:
Viewranger
GPS
3g
Media Player
GarminXT

All for about 5 hours or so.

On my E90 i'll usually get home with about 75-80% of the battery remaining, or about 4-5 bars left. Even my backup Sat-nav phone, an old QTEK 8100 with Memory Map and TomTom will get home and still say 82% (though i only really use Memory Map on that phone).

The i8910 got home today with one bar left, the E90 had 4 bars. Both were running Viewranger and Garmin at the appropriate times, next to each other. The i8910 was also playing Podcasts (not a huge battery hog, imo). They both have 1500Mah batteries.

Make of it what you will, but it seems to me the fastest moving app on the i8910 is the battery indicator.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #278 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
aziz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I will fully charge my phone and give you the values I get. Will edit this post when I am done.
===========

Batt Raw ADC (not comp): alternates between 139-144
Batt comp: 0
Avg ADC with comp: 140
Avg batt val with comp: 4.10
Batt type: 1500mzh
therm adc: 197 temp: 29.7
Surge

How much does your battery lasts?
Mine lasts for only 36 hours (few calls, games,maps,...).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #279 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
greyhulk's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
greyhulk is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
Gave the i8910 what i consider a good workout today. My usual 10 mile weekend walk (finishing at a pub of course...).

When i'm walking i have Viewranger (a topo map app) running. It uses the internal GPS. I also listen to podcasts, and check the web when i get to the pub. Occasionally i'll bring up Google Earth to make sure i'm where i should be (topo maps can be a little unclear at times). The screen is not on all the time, but about every 20 mins or so for a few seconds as i check where i should be going next.

I'll also use GarminXT to drive to where i'm walking and get back home.

So, today i was using:
Viewranger
GPS
3g
Media Player
GarminXT

All for about 5 hours or so.

On my E90 i'll usually get home with about 75-80% of the battery remaining, or about 4-5 bars left. Even my backup Sat-nav phone, an old QTEK 8100 with Memory Map and TomTom will get home and still say 82% (though i only really use Memory Map on that phone).

The i8910 got home today with one bar left, the E90 had 4 bars. Both were running Viewranger and Garmin at the appropriate times, next to each other. The i8910 was also playing Podcasts (not a huge battery hog, imo). They both have 1500Mah batteries.

Make of it what you will, but it seems to me the fastest moving app on the i8910 is the battery indicator.
That last bar means almost nothing. Use your phone for as long as you can on that last bar and see how long it lasts. You'll be very surprised.

Get down to one bar on the iPhone and you'd better be running for the charger. I firmly believe that the battery meter is just plain inaccurate in the current firmware on the i8910. I have yet to receive a low battery warning, no matter how much I use the phone.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #280 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
silentangst's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 209
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
silentangst is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to silentangst
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
That last bar means almost nothing. Use your phone for as long as you can on that last bar and see how long it lasts. You'll be very surprised.

Get down to one bar on the iPhone and you'd better be running for the charger. I firmly believe that the battery meter is just plain inaccurate in the current firmware on the i8910. I have yet to receive a low battery warning, no matter how much I use the phone.
The last bar often means nothing on most phones. My old Sidekick usually lasts as long on the last bar as it did on the other four combined.
More of just a warning I suppose.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




eXTReMe Tracker

 

PSP Custom Firmware | PSP Downloads | PSP Forums | PSP Emulator | PSP Hacks | Optimus 2X Forums | Samsung i8910 HD | Galaxy S Forum


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Designed By: vBSkinworks