battery life - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: battery life

Close all apps and close the GPS. that will drain the battery in 4-5 hours with GPS on.

I hear from other users that they have good battery life. A day of heavy use and its still around 40%

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 AM

shik1 is on a distinguished road

how do you turn off gps then?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:22 AM

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to stuclark

Now I've got mine unlocked from Orange, I'm putting it through it's paces as I do with my other phones. i.e. Google maps in the background (GPS usage) and checking my emails every 15 minutes (so lots of 3G usage)

...now to see how well it will last

Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM

scoopex is on a distinguished road

Just a quick note to say as with the i8510, a couple of things you can do with your i8910 to improve battery life are as follows:

Within Settings -> Connectivity -> Admin Settings -> Packet Data, change packet data connection to "When Needed"

Within Settings -> Connectivity -> Video Sharing, turn video sharing off.

These should increase battery life, and shouldn't impact usability of the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoopex For This Useful Post:
paulgunther (09-07-2009), tallpaul (10-08-2010)
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM

ralph8709 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopex View Post
Just a quick note to say as with the i8510, a couple of things you can do with your i8910 to improve battery life are as follows:

Within Settings -> Connectivity -> Admin Settings -> Packet Data, change packet data connection to "When Needed"

Within Settings -> Connectivity -> Video Sharing, turn video sharing off.

These should increase battery life, and shouldn't impact usability of the phone.

Excellent, Now i have done this simply little task, my phones battery has now lasted me all day with hardly any loss, Looks like i will be keeping this great phone.

Now about unbranding the phone, does anyone have a guide on how to do this? as i am liking what i here about the anti orange system.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 AM

bw67958 is on a distinguished road

Hi got my phone the other day and love it, apart form the battery! having same issue as others in the fact go to bed and its 100% wake up and its 30%. Turned off wireless, bluetooth, (think I've done GPS) and still it not anygood.

Anybody any other ideas?

Ta
Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 AM

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to stuclark

Photo Contacts seems to use a lot of battery... I killed that process and it made quite a difference to the battery drain on my phone.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM

bw67958 is on a distinguished road

How do you see what processes are running then?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
NeilDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark View Post
Photo Contacts seems to use a lot of battery... I killed that process and it made quite a difference to the battery drain on my phone.
How did you kill that process. When i view the tasks running, there is 3 icons, that being one of them when you click on it and hold your finger down, only OPEN comes up, not OPEN and EXIT
Old 05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

Can I also add that after a few cycles of charging it seems to improve in the first week. Thats what I've found with my Samsung's in the past and my Omnia i900 especially.

When I first had it the battery couldn't last a whole movie being played. But the second week it could.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement