7 steps to turn your noisy videos into an hd digital camera videos! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 AM

fenomeno83 is on a distinguished road
Default 7 steps to turn your noisy videos into an hd digital camera videos!

thanks to faenil for translate

With this tutorial I’m going to show you how to make the videos recorded with your Omnia HD noticeably better, expecially those recorded in low
light conditions, where the picture noise is often high.
The tool you’ll need are (download them from here):
zSHARE - pack.rar

klite codec
gordian knot
avisynth
neatvideo 2.0 for virtualdub (I can’t attach this one because it’s not for free, you can look for it by yourself)
yamb
ripbot264
filmato.avs (avisynth file which contains the path of the file you want to optimize)
The procedure I’m going to show is the longest one to do such thing, but it’s the one which offers the best possible quality.
Let’s begin:
1) Install : gordian knot, klite, avisynth, neatvideo (when it will ask for the path where virtualdub plugins are, point it to the one inside
gordian knot’s folder which should be C:\Program Files\gordianknot\virtualdubmod\plugins)
Now install Yamb.
Ripbot264 doesn’t need any installation, just start the .exe
2) Open filmato.avs with the Notepad and write the path of the video you want to optimize in the line named DirectShowSource, replacing “C:
\14082010005.mp4″
Save the changes to the file
3) Now open virtualdubmod, which should be in C:\Program Files\gordianknot\virtualdubmod\, click on “File->Open Video File” and select
filmato.avs. If you have done everythin correctly, you’ll now see a frame of the video you want to optimize.
4) Click on Video->Filters->Add, select Neatvideo, and hit OK.
Now click on Configure and then on AutoProfile. Now you can find yourself in one of these 3 situations:
if NeatVideo doesn’t tell you anything, a small square will appear, just hit Filter->Apply. Go to step 5).
OR: if NeatVideo tells you that the selected area is small, just click YES and then hit Filter->Apply. Go to step 5).
If NeatVideo tells you that it hasn’t been able to find a uniform area, you’ll have to select it manually: create a square using your mouse in a BACKGROUND AREA OF THE FRAME (not on the main subject) which you believe to be uniform; if NeatVideo thinks the area you selected is uniform, just right-click on ”AutoProfile using selected area” and finally click on Filter->Apply; in the case it’s not uniform, neatvideo will tell you that it’s not uniform in some channel: if the only non-uniform channel is Y it’s not a problem, just right-click on ”AutoProfile using selected area” and finally click on Filter->Apply; if there are other non-uniform channels (e.g. you get “Clipping in B,G channels” message) it’s better to repeat the manual selection of a background area until the only non-uniform channel is Y, or the all the channels are uniform to that area (again, if you get “selected area is small”, just click YES), then right-click on ”AutoProfile using selected area” and finally click on Filter->Apply;

5) Now hit on OK, and go back to the VirtualdubMod screen.
Click on video and click on Full Processing Mode.
In Compression select Uncompressed RGB.
Hit OK.
Now click on File->Save and save the file as a Non-compressed AVI.
6) When the process is finished, we’ll have to convert out non-compressed AVI (very heavy in terms of Kilobytes and processing power required to
play it) in a more “portable” format.
Open RipBot264, click on Add and select the AVI file saved with VirtualDubMod.
Select [High 4.0] HD.Blueray.Console as profile.
Mode CQ and CRF 18.
MP4 format.
Select the path of the destionation file and click on Done and finally Start.

The final video will be optimized and portable, but we still have to add audio to it.
7) Open YAMB, click on Create->Create and mp4 with multiple audio, Video..
Now click on Add, and add the original video (where we’ll take the audio from) and the optimized video.
Now deselect the Mpeg4 track of the original video, and leave the aac track of the original video selected, and select the AVC video track of
the optimized video.
Now just write the name and the path of the destination file (don’t choose the same name as the original video) and hit Next to save the final
video.

Here we have example videos
zSHARE - test.rar

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by fenomeno83; 08-26-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenomeno83 For This Useful Post:
bjb0019 (08-26-2010), infeqt0r (08-27-2010), v1rtu4l (09-06-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 PM

infeqt0r is on a distinguished road

Yea tnx for your effort dude.........BUT.

Who would **** around with that,I mean it's a whole procedure for a single video clip/session.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infeqt0r View Post
Yea tnx for your effort dude.........BUT.

Who would **** around with that,I mean it's a whole procedure for a single video clip/session.
are "a lot of words"..but it's easy...you must try for understand
if you see video posted i think you will want try

Old 08-26-2010, 10:10 PM

brower is on a distinguished road

Thanks fenomeno83. I tryed here and the video is amazing. Much better quality without all the noise that i get with indoor or lowlight! :P

Now i can post more videos on youtube ;P Thanks for the tutorial....

i wish that there could be a single program that could make all this for few steps =)
Old 08-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brower View Post
Thanks fenomeno83. I tryed here and the video is amazing. Much better quality without all the noise that i get with indoor or lowlight! :P

Now i can post more videos on youtube ;P Thanks for the tutorial....

i wish that there could be a single program that could make all this for few steps =)
it's possibile make with one step(only using virtuadub and neativideo) but I prefer this because:
in virtualdub you can't compress in h264 as ripbot264, but for example in xvid or divx (you can use high bitrate to don't lost quality)
virtuadub don't mux original aac audio, but it will be recompressed (so, maybe no differences if use high bitrate, but I prefer have original audio)

so it's possibile delete step of ripbot264(convert from uncompressed file to h264 file) and yamb(remux audio) and make all with virtualdub, but will be used divx or xvid and audio will be reconverted(not muxed the original)...so, i prefer "lost" 5 minutes more but have the best

but if you want i can post a small guide to do this in 1 step

Last edited by fenomeno83; 08-27-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 AM

brower is on a distinguished road

lol... you talked greek now... Oo

i don't understand about this, but i liked this result... my original video was about 26Mb and after your tutorial it became way better in quality and only with 9mb ;P

I would like a 1 stepī(just click 1 button, lolzzzz) but with the same result ;P

but like this is not possible, i will continue with this 7 steps to have a good video with low size ;P

wtg! Congrats for this fenomeno83!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brower View Post
lol... you talked greek now... Oo

i don't understand about this, but i liked this result... my original video was about 26Mb and after your tutorial it became way better in quality and only with 9mb ;P

I would like a 1 stepī(just click 1 button, lolzzzz) but with the same result ;P

but like this is not possible, i will continue with this 7 steps to have a good video with low size ;P

wtg! Congrats for this fenomeno83!
for best quality with smaller size too, stay with 7 steps
Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

it sounds nice

too bad zShare is so slow, it says it will take almost 3 hours to download the sample video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement