How to get Facebook Communities Application working - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM

dan_f14 is on a distinguished road
Default How to get Facebook Communities Application working

Tried searching for this and found lots of conflicting information. Anyway to be able to upload directly to facebook this is what you need to do.

1 Open Communties Application and select facebook
2 Enter login details. You must enter your login name as the number that appears on facebook. Easiest way to find this out it to click on one of your albums on facebook and check the address bar. The login username is the number after &id=. When entered correctly it should verify and save.
3 Try uploading to facebook. Select a picture in gallery and then select options>upload to web. Select facebook and it should greet you with an upload screen giving you the option of selecting an album, etc. If you get this far then it all should work fine. However if it crashes and shows you the photos again then one of your albums name is too long. Thanks to this thread for the information. Basically go through your facebook album and try to shorten the length of the names of your albums. Once that is complete it should work. Basically repeat step 3. If it still does not work try shortening the names even further. 3 words should be fine as it works on mine. Contrary to popular belief it does not have anything to do with number of albums or empty albums. Hope this helps.

Dan

Last edited by dan_f14; 08-13-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_f14 For This Useful Post:
Prozac69 (09-03-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 07:50 AM

pujolsk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_f14 View Post
Tried searching for this and found lots of conflicting information. Anyway to be able to upload directly to facebook this is what you need to do.

1 Open Communties Application and select facebook
2 Enter login details. You must enter your login name as the number that appears on facebook. Easiest way to find this out it to click on one of your albums on facebook and in the check the address bar. The login username is the number after &id=. When entered correctly it should verify and save.
3 Try uploading to facebook. Select a picture in gallery and then select options>upload to web. Select facebook and it should greet you with an upload screen giving you the option of selecting an album, etc. If you get this far then it all should work fine. However if it crashes and shows you the photos again then one of your albums name is too long. Thanks to this thred for the information. Basically go through your facebook album and try to shorten the length of the names of your albums. Once that is complete it should work. Basically repeat step 3. If it still does not work try shortening the names even further. 3 words should be fine as it works on mine. Contrary to popular belief it does not have anything to do with number of albums or empty albums. Hope this helps.

Dan
Ouh man where were you before...I was so pissed because of this I even reflashed my phone and still nothing. To make the irony even bigger I have more than 50 photos uploaded via communities and it just stopped working...now I just cut the name of one of the albums and it is OK.
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Timaah is on a distinguished road

oh man thank you! muchly appreciated!!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 PM

dan_f14 is on a distinguished road

No problem, glad to help out by sharing my findings.

Dan
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM

soulikah is on a distinguished road

I also have a simillar problem, after I choose FB as the community i want to upload a photo si says connecting then checking then loading and after just jumps bcks to my photos screen without uploading a damn thing. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement