Remote Lock - lock your phone remotely - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 AM

nomi49 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote Lock - lock your phone remotely

I know this has been in discussed in other sections already. I found this video tutorial from a blog, so posting it in the proper section.

This is an effective methods to lock the phone remotely, in case you have lost it and want to make sure your private stuff remains inaccessible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6hr6UMTI3s

Source: samsung-i8910-hd.blogspot.com
Original post: Remote Lock - lock your phone remotely

Last edited by nomi49; 05-05-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nomi49 For This Useful Post:
amateur (04-28-2010), Audionut (04-28-2010), chipko (05-05-2010), Fevves (04-28-2010), Flawless (05-26-2010), Jonny Blond (02-20-2011), MaFiOzOs_GR (06-03-2010), paulster (05-03-2010), Revomikey101 (05-03-2010), Schniels (04-28-2010), Shiva (05-18-2010), st1114g (04-28-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Schniels is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Schniels Send a message via Skype™ to Schniels

Nice feature!

didnīt know the i8910 HD can do that!

iīve secured my phone now

Thanx a lot nomi for the information

Welcome Samsung i8910 HD
CFW: JD1 LS2.0
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM

amateur is on a distinguished road

thanks very much.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

Ok, but which thief would be stupid enough to leave the phone on, not to mention with the owners sim card?

Another thing is that you can bypass it by flashing the phone again with a software but it's just me... :P
Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 AM

nomi49 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schniels View Post
Nice feature!

didnīt know the i8910 HD can do that!

iīve secured my phone now

Thanx a lot nomi for the information
Yeah! It came as a good surprise specially for someone living in a place like me where mobile internet is not very common and most of the security solutions are GPRS based

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateur View Post
thanks very much.
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdigre View Post
Ok, but which thief would be stupid enough to leave the phone on, not to mention with the owners sim card?
If you change the default 8 digit code to your own. The code will be asked every time you boot the phone regardless of the text received or not. I have tried that myself. For changing the sim the thief would need to reboot the phone and it will be auto locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdigre View Post

Another thing is that you can bypass it by flashing the phone again with a software but it's just me... :P
Flashing would remove the lock but you won't have to compromise on your private stuff e.g. photos, videos and auto-logins to messengers and sites.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM

Xenron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi49 View Post
Yeah! It came as a good surprise specially for someone living in a place like me where mobile internet is not very common and most of the security solutions are GPRS based

You're welcome

If you change the default 8 digit code to your own. The code will be asked every time you boot the phone regardless of the text received or not. I have tried that myself. For changing the sim the thief would need to reboot the phone and it will be auto locked.

Flashing would remove the lock but you won't have to compromise on your private stuff e.g. photos, videos and auto-logins to messengers and sites.
you also can put on the lock mode if your sim-card wil be removed.
then it auto locks, and another simcard won't help, without the lockcode ;P
just saying
Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi49

Not so sure about that..flashing only deletes the C drive. Most of my (our?) stuff is saved on the E drive or memory card which are left intact :P
Old 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM

paulster is on a distinguished road

That's great,I can't believe I never knew you could do that! Thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 05:26 PM

RenanrRinaldi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCow View Post
Not so sure about that..flashing only deletes the C drive. Most of my (our?) stuff is saved on the E drive or memory card which are left intact :P
I have the same concern about this procedure.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Revomikey101 is on a distinguished road

This is really great, thanks nomi, i have just done this.

I guess nothing is totally secure, a thief could no doubt format by microsd card, but its only full of mp3's, all my photos are on the mass memory.

I really like this idea, if some scrote is going to nick my phone lets make it hard from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
anti, lock, remote, secure, theft