Guide to run viritual OS on Vista/Windows 7 Home Premium! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:53 PM

svenny000 is on a distinguished road
Smile Guide to run viritual OS on Vista/Windows 7 Home Premium!

Ok, i am going to tell you how to install the virtual OS step by step using windows home premium.

Programs that you will need: Magiciso or some other iso program (link for magiciso; Using MagicISO to create ISO image files ) And VMware player or some other viritualbox.

1. Download windows xp iso ( Windows XP Professional.iso Torrent Download)
2. Burn or mount that iso file into an iso program,
3. Insert the disk, and start up VMware or other virtual os program.
4. Install the os by selecting that you will install by using a disk.
5. Follow the instructions that you would be told. If you would be told to get a cd key. Here is one that works YouTube - Windows Xp Professional Serial Number.
6. Install the OS like the instructions tell you.
7. You will be asked to enter your cd key again, just use the same one that you already have used.
8. After the installation start your virtual OS.
9. Take your Samsung drivers, symbian rom flashing tool, the firmware and the Msxml.msi files over and install them. ( The files could be found here: How to flash and debrand your Samsung i8910 HD - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Debrand Tutorial. | Samsung i8910 HD Users - 100% i8910 Omnia HD )
10. Now you can flash your phone, just open the hyperx firmware file.
11. Do a hard reset of your phone? REMEBER THIS WOULD DELETE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE, SO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP SOMETHING THAN SAVE IT ON THE COMPUTER.
12. Push the lock button and the + sound button at the same time, when you start the phone. this would get you to a boot-loader.
13. Connect the phone to the usb, and you would see that the phone would be activate. You could see this in the right corner on the Symbian rom flashing tool. (if this is done correctly)
14. Push the download button!!!!!
15. Enjoy, you would have your phone flashed!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to svenny000 For This Useful Post:
djer (04-22-2010), KayNine (04-13-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 02:08 PM

KayNine is on a distinguished road

VMware won't connect my usb cable? I transfered all the files through a usb stick, and that worked but I can't get my phone connected. I also removed the usb stick because under 'USB controller' it said maximum limit reached.

Any help?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNine View Post
VMware won't connect my usb cable? I transfered all the files through a usb stick, and that worked but I can't get my phone connected. I also removed the usb stick because under 'USB controller' it said maximum limit reached.

Any help?
Have you installed the all the drivers, on the virtual xp??

Old 04-14-2010, 07:34 AM

Yeah, and the pop up that says something about switching from host to virtual doesn't pop up
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM

It could be a cuple of reasons to that problem, but if you get it correctly it would work, i i think.

Could you take a screenshot??, but is it just the usb or is it the viritual xp?? Or is it the usb driver, that are not installed correclty. Because you need to chek all of the flashing folders if all the drivers and files is installed. Have you installed the MSxml file? Have you got the blue boot screen on your mobile. Have you version Symbian rom flashing tool 1.50??
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenny000 View Post
It could be a cuple of reasons to that problem, but if you get it correctly it would work, i i think.

Could you take a screenshot??, but is it just the usb or is it the viritual xp?? Or is it the usb driver, that are not installed correclty. Because you need to chek all of the flashing folders if all the drivers and files is installed. Have you installed the MSxml file? Have you got the blue boot screen on your mobile. Have you version Symbian rom flashing tool 1.50??
I have no MSxml file. I downloaded the rom flashing tool now though. I don't get a blue boot screen?

Edit: I download MSxml 4.0 from the microsoft website

Oh i'm only trying to get it connected to the computer so I can easily transfer music and all

Last edited by KayNine; 04-21-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

Blue boot screen is 'bootloader' mode you enter on your phone. turn off phone ,press lock key volume up key and start key simultainiously and hold all three till you get the bootloader screen. only then will the flashing tool be able to see your phone
Old 04-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Flashing tool still doesn't detect phone, Windows 7 and XP virtually
Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNine View Post
Flashing tool still doesn't detect phone, Windows 7 and XP virtually
Weird.....
Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 AM

This is what I hate, no option the human race knows is working for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement