All the drivers are working but USB connection only charges the phone! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Z41N is on a distinguished road
Unhappy All the drivers are working but USB connection only charges the phone!

Hi,
I am running multiple operating system on my pc including win7x64 and xp sp3x86. On both of the os i have samsung pc suit and all the connectivity cable drivers installed but when i connect my phone to pc, it just says, 'phone charging'. It used to display a menu on the phone to choose the connection method before. And yes, i have checked the connectivity settings on the phone. But now it doesn't. It doesn't even show any drive (memory card and phone memory) on explorer. On the phone, under connectivity settings, it says, 'not connected'.

The device manager on pc doesn't shows any problem with any of the phone drivers.

I have tried many possible solutions to solve the problem, but i haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. The funny thing is, when i flash my phone to a different firmware, my phone connects to the pc and i can flash without any problems.

Here are the methods i tried to solve the issue,

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling samsung pc studio &
samsung connectivity drivers (on both OS).

2. Flashing the phone to a different firmware to see if it solves the problem.

3. Tried to connect the phone using a different micro usb cable.

Can anyone please help me out?. I am really annoyed to take out the memory card every time i transfer something from/to the pc/phone .
Thanks,
-
--
Z41N
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 PM

Sorry for double posting but guys please help me out here are (below) few screenshots from my win7's device manager. The phone is recognized but drives doesn't show up and or pc suit doesn't find the device.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

What firmware are you using now and what firmware when you noticed this? Have you the rom flashing tool installed? I had a driver conflict when I used to use that program.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM

demstk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to demstk Send a message via Skype™ to demstk

Turn off your PC and unplug the power cable on 2 minutes, or unplug the battery on 2 minutes if you use a notebook. After it phone will be recognized again.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM

Shug, I am using HX3.29 JC1 atm and i noticed the problem when i was using HX 3.27 (about a week ago).

Demstk, Tried that before didn't work
Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

You've got a lot of stuff there under usb in device manager. I would start by deleting those usb root hubs.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 PM

sth_safal is on a distinguished road

do u still have the problem? I had the same problem and I have solved it....
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 PM

andrei_sig is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem like Z41N,when i connect my phone with laptop is only charge phone

Last edited by andrei_sig; 05-09-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:10 PM

[eB] is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem in the begining (when I bought my i8910) and solved it through an hidden application in our phone that has the UID #20003b1e (the name is UsbPathTest).
Inside the app you have to select [2]PDA USB and [4]PDA UART... give it a go and leave feedback.

Best Regards
Eduardo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [eB] For This Useful Post:
andrei_sig (04-14-2010), minoru89 (08-15-2010), n13 (10-22-2010), Z41N (04-22-2010)
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM

lgnery is on a distinguished road

Eduardo,

I bought my i8910 and i am having exactly same problem. can you tell me where did you download this UsbPathTest?

I cant google it. thks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement