How to fix "Phone not connected" Vista x64 when using Samsung update - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road
Default How to fix "Phone not connected" Vista x64 when using Samsung update

I've seen this issue pop up alot and I even had this issue as I run Windows Vista x64.

The fix from Silencer51:

Quote:
Heads up: Apparently PC Studio 7's updater only works correctly on 32-bit systems.

Which means that if you 're using Vista 64bit or 7 64bit there is one extra step needed for PC Studio to work correctly:

Go to Device Manager with your phone connected, an Unknown Device should be listed - double click on that and select update driver then manually point Windows to look in the 'Samsung' folder under program files, there should be a x64 folder somewhere in there.

Windows should then correctly install the USB driver and the updater will recognize your phone.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Briggs For This Useful Post:
dejanslo (10-21-2009), hisham (09-19-2009), knuterik (09-02-2009), RAMINET (08-25-2009), Rob (09-24-2009), st1114g (08-25-2009), tariqus bop (10-28-2009), Toni77 (10-03-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 AM

INGR is on a distinguished road

Briggs, i do the thinks that u said! My vista x64, now recognize the omnia hd, but when i try to update my phone, he gives the same old message!!

"PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CONNECTED MODEL"

OR

"UPDATE INCOMPLETE"
"PLEASE TRY AGAIN AFTER REMOVING AND RECONNECTING THE USB CABLE FIRST"

Please, help me!! What i should do?

ps: SOFTWARE VERSION ---> I8910XXIF8
SOFTWARE VERSION DATE ---> 15/06/2009
CUSTOM VERSION ---> I8910XEOIE2
CUSTOM VERSION DATE ---> 27/05/2009
LANGUAGE SET ---> 12
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

You need to be on the Italian firmware first, as they have the IG2 update.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum

Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 AM

INGR is on a distinguished road

Briggs,

How i do that?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
The Queen

st1114g is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for this!!! it worked like a charm
Old 09-13-2009, 12:51 PM

tabascouk is on a distinguished road
Default can't get my phone to upgrade to the new italian firmware

Hi,

I wondered if any one can help me. I flashed my phone to the Italian firmware to upgrade it the new firmware via pc studio.

I run vista and have done the whole device manager, manually point windows to the drivers. However I get "PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CONNECTED MODEL"

As I was flashing my phone I had a borrowed laptop which runs xp. Tried using PC studio on that again the same message. Then I tried updating it on my works laptop via pc studio still the same message. Re flashed my phone, re booted all 3 computers. Hard resets, soft resets. Was there for 6 hours trying everything I could think of I still got "PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CONNECTED MODEL. Maybe I have missed something really simple. But sitting there with 3 laptops, 2 running vista one running XP and getting the same message got really frustrating.

I ended up flashing my phone to the Russian firmware, is it the same as the Italian firmware?

I would be so grateful for any help or suggestions
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM

mobvideo is on a distinguished road

I am from Russia, bought a phone here. There is an i8910XXIF2 version installed. Tried to upgrade it to the newest version, but i am also getting that error: "PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CONNECTED MODEL"

I have the latest PC studio (7.2.24.9) and the latest drivers from the samsung site.
Running XP 32 SP3.

Why there is a problem whith updating? and how could it be solved?

I would be sooOO grateful for any help or suggestions!

Last edited by mobvideo; 09-14-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Bezerk is on a distinguished road

To get PC Studio running on Vista 64 you have to run Install as a system administrator !
So right click on installation file -> choose COMPATIBILITY -> choose Run this program as system administrator, the drivers will install.
Then run that instal prog.
Next thing to do is browse where you installed PC STUDIO:
like: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAMSUNG\Samsung New PC Studio
Right click on : newpcstudio.exe (or something like that, I'm writing from home (XP)) and do the same: > choose COMPATIBILITY -> choose Run this program as system administrator.
If you don't do that you can't run installation of apliccations program.
Connect your phone and Vista will try to install a driver, just ignore it, PC STUDIO will detect your phone.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 PM

yoshibr is on a distinguished road
Default French firmware

Hi there, i'm brazilian and i've bought my omniahd at USA, my phone has a french firmware and that damn message apeared in my notebook. I've basically two problems, one of them is my SO, i'm running Windows SEVEN Ultimate x64, the other is my firmware, it's the french one.

Does anybody here using Win7 x64? The WindowsUpdate didn't found the correct driver. It's not that I reeeaaally want the new firmware, but it would be interisting.

thank you.. ;D
Old 09-22-2009, 05:05 PM

puffpower2002 is on a distinguished road

I could have used the advice with the driver location when I strugelled through this a couple of month ago myself! ;-)

I had the same "problem". I flashed my phone to German F-version and before the G-version of the firmmware was available the software updater said "PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CONNECTED MODEL". The day when the G-update was available, it updated my phone and it now says "YOUR PHONE IS FULLY UP TO DATE". I guess the funny message is just Samsung's way of saying that there is no newer software update for your phone available yet when you use a fresh installation of the PC suite.

Also I keep getting the "PLEASE TRY AGAIN AFTER REMOVING AND RECONNECTING THE USB CABLE FIRST" error all the time. Not sure if there is a smarter way to fix this but usually I just disconnect the phone and click the "Try again" button. Then connect (the connection type menu pops ups on the phone) and when it starts searching for my phone I select "PC Suite". It takes a couple of tries sometimes but eventually it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
phone not connected, samsung updater, vista x64