How to fix "Phone not connected" Vista x64 when using Samsung update - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 04:15 AM

Rish is on a distinguished road

I did the step and im on the IG2 firmware but i still get the same error as INGR ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 PM

MrCooper is on a distinguished road

Okey, if I have win 7 is that the same problam as with vista? Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM

adamjames76 is on a distinguished road

arghhh HELLP ive just updated the vista via microsoft update now i can not get the HD to connect to pc via usb to pc7 any ideas . ive read just about evey thing . ive tried to de install but it constantly tries to reInstall instead.. helllp me please

Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Dakana is on a distinguished road

Hi all. I worked out the above method ages ago for installing the USB driver. It installed with no problems. However, when you start the phone in bootloader mode (by pressing the volume up and lock keys while starting the phone), Windows Vista / 7 doesn't recognise it. To fix this, I found SSDN_V1.1.808.7165_SETUP_whql (Google it). Also, I've done all the backwards compatibility settings for the relevant executables. Anyway, long story short still NO luck at all with Samsung update.

It stops at 27% as the phone disconnects then reconnects but doesn't do anything else after that. I give up. I would send the phone back if it weren't too late.

I have the phone on Orange UK contract and running Windows 7 64 bit (though I had exactly the same problems with regards to the updater on Vista 32 bit).

In addition to this, I can't sign apps on Windows 7 64, there's a whole host of different problems with all the various utilities I've tried, too many to list here. Basically, it's all a bit of a waste of time and trying for months to get things working has yielded no results at all.

I think it's rather weird that Samsung has not accommodated for modern operating systems. Their software is all 3 years out of date or more, (nothing works properly with Vista or 7, though I admit some have reportedly had success with certain configurations and lots of messing around). Unbelievable for a phone that has only been around for a matter of months...
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM

dopfrock is on a distinguished road

im using a windows 7 pc,i did the steps but pc says,driver up to date...and when i try the software updater say phone not connected....
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM

mjef is on a distinguished road

Samsung PC Suit really s.u.c.k.s!
I'm not a newbie and tried every single trick to update my phone's firmware using this software. But all the time it says: "The connection between the phone and PC has restarted."
I have two different computers both running windows XP. Tried several HyperX firmwares (now using new Speed Edition 2.03). They'r great! But I couldn't update using PC Suit.
Dudes! go get a HyperX firmware. This is the only solution!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:01 AM

meta-fm is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem and i did the following:
1) full phone reset
2) insert a sim card

then it worked.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 PM

Givillo is on a distinguished road

Hi all, i use Win XP and when i connect by usb (Mass storage or PC studio method) i have message <<INSTALL SAMSUNG MSCDA TECHNOLOGIES>> and windows can't find this driver on the pc studio CD
Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 AM

D-Zaak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
I've seen this issue pop up alot and I even had this issue as I run Windows Vista x64.

The fix from Silencer51:
I tried to follow the steps set out by Silencer, however my Samsung folder does not have an x64 folder? WTF? I'm not at home right now but when I am, I'll check the included disc and install again. I don't know why the x64 folder wouldn't have been there the first time though.

Does anyone have any advice? Or am I only going to be able to erform official updates by jumping onto a 32 bit system? this is really annoying.

PS: Please DO NOT advise to switch to custom. The whole point of certain threads is to try to get official firmware on them, such as this one. I've heard enough about how great customer and HX is, but I don't have XP and virtual is not an option for me as I don't use Windows (meaning I use my friends computer when I need to and I will not use his computer to flash by phone because that is unfair to him that I'm just using his computer like that).
Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 PM

D-Zaak is on a distinguished road

Any help at all? Or am I stuck only using a working /usb driver with 32-bit?

EDIT

Ok, I've got it working now. Silencer's instructions, while very useful, were slightly unclear. You ahve to go to the samsung folder in "program files (x86)" not "program files". To others in my position, please don't make the same mistake.

Thanks guys. Regardless of it being slightly unclear, it was still a very big help.
Thanks to Briggs and Silencer.

Last edited by D-Zaak; 08-09-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
phone not connected, samsung updater, vista x64