windows 7 phone not connected - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM

alicov is on a distinguished road
Default windows 7 phone not connected

I am using windows 7 rtm. when i connect the phone and try to update, iget the message that the phone is not connected. I tried changing the compatibility of the fusupdater file to run in xp and vista compatibility and run as administrator but that didnt help.
from within pc suite i can the that the phone is connected. i can install program and browse the phone directory.
only when updating i ge this error.

i tried restarting the phone. doent help either.

running latest nordic firmware.

any suggestions
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 PM
neil.hy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicov View Post
That's usually why. If you're running the latest version you tend to get this message indicating there is no further update available.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP - Former Mod

arcane613 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to arcane613 Send a message via AIM to arcane613 Send a message via MSN to arcane613

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicov View Post
I am using windows 7 rtm. when i connect the phone and try to update, iget the message that the phone is not connected. I tried changing the compatibility of the fusupdater file to run in xp and vista compatibility and run as administrator but that didnt help.
from within pc suite i can the that the phone is connected. i can install program and browse the phone directory.
only when updating i ge this error.

i tried restarting the phone. doent help either.

any suggestions
i can't update either....if you notice, there is an unknown device in dev mgr.....and i have yet to find which driver makes it work...i've tried forcing many diff manual drivers with no succes

BUT, there is a method mentioned on these forums....it appears you have to run Virtual XP to do it.....i have access to xp systems as well, so i'm just going to flash on them....but check out this guide...

http://forums.samsungi8910omnia.com/...ding-disk.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.hy View Post
That's usually why. If you're running the latest version you tend to get this message indicating there is no further update available.
the update software isn't detecting the phone... and i just confirmed the issue for him. just kinda worded it weirdly...mentions the problem in the title of thread, not in content...

Last edited by arcane613; 08-14-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: addition to respond to both parties..
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM

silencer51 is on a distinguished road

Guys, if you 're using 64bit Windows then you need to go to Device Manager, double click on the Unknown Device and force Windows to look in the \Program Files(x86)\Samsung\x64 directory for the driver.

It should work and after that the updater should recognize the phone normally.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to silencer51 For This Useful Post:
2Perfect (12-18-2009), arcane613 (08-14-2009), HDamy (11-21-2010), poulbak (01-18-2010), rplummer01 (10-17-2009), silentangst (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

silentangst is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to silentangst

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer51 View Post
Guys, if you 're using 64bit Windows then you need to go to Device Manager, double click on the Unknown Device and force Windows to look in the \Program Files(x86)\Samsung\x64 directory for the driver.

Ooh good, I hope that works.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM

silencer51 is on a distinguished road

Samsung apparently thinks that in the era of quad core 64bit CPUs and tri-channel DDR3 people still use 32 bit OSes... *sigh*
Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 PM

alicov is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

thanks alot. taht did it. now i just have to wait for a new update.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP - Former Mod

arcane613 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to arcane613 Send a message via AIM to arcane613 Send a message via MSN to arcane613

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer51 View Post

ah, i ran the installer in that directory, but didn't manually try that driver. tx for the info. cheers
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM

shigawire is on a distinguished road

I'm running Windows 7 32bit - and I get the same problem. Except it doesn't help to manually load the USB drivers in Program Files\Samsung\x86\

Any suggestions?

Should I just try do it on an XP pc?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 AM

jacksonj51 is on a distinguished road

shigawire try this:

Goto - Start>Computer>local disk (C)>Program files>Samsung>Samsung PC Studio 7> Then find FUS.exe, FUSUpdater.exe, and PCSuite.exe > Then right click each one of them and select >properties>compatibility> then checkmark 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' select Windows XP(service pack 3) and checkmark below 'Run this program as Administrator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement