Tip/Fix: Video stutters when recording to memory card - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road
Default Tip/Fix: Video stutters when recording to memory card

I found a fix for video stuttering when recording on my 8GB class 4 memory card. It seems I had it formatted incorrectly and this was causing it to stutter somewhat in the videos.

What I found was when I formatted it to FAT32 and which a Allocation unit size 64 kilobytes, that it records the video smoother and without slowdown when ending the video.

Also remove the memory stick by first selecting "Remove memory card E" in the phone. (Hold power and scroll down and select remove memory card) then it will end applications on the memory stick and you can remove it safely without the risk of corrupting it.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Briggs For This Useful Post:
Shiva (02-09-2010), vit12345 (04-18-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 AM

8binary8 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tip/Fix: Video stutters when recording to memory card

thanks for the info,

did u format this in windows or using the phone ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Lenor is on a distinguished road

i believe that he formatted the card in PC not on the phone

Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8binary8 View Post
thanks for the info,

did u format this in windows or using the phone ?
Formatted in my PC

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 PM

8binary8 is on a distinguished road

thanks....

got myself a 16GB card... :-) gonna fill it up with movies/shows and mp3 :-)
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 AM

InsomniaHD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
I found a fix for video stuttering when recording on my 8GB class 4 memory card. It seems I had it formatted incorrectly and this was causing it to stutter somewhat in the videos.

What I found was when I formatted it to FAT32 and which a Allocation unit size 64 kilobytes, that it records the video smoother and without slowdown when ending the video.

Also remove the memory stick by first selecting "Remove memory card E" in the phone. (Hold power and scroll down and select remove memory card) then it will end applications on the memory stick and you can remove it safely without the risk of corrupting it.
Does it stutter/what's the quality when you save the recording to the internal 8GB memory. I don't actually have this phone at the moment so apologies in advance if this isn't possible. The stutter on every 720p recording that I have seen on the net is the only thing that annoys me, if a fix can be found, it will be brilliant.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 AM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

I have not tired this but I am experiencing audio jitters and skips when playing mp3s from the SD card...Not sure what class it is, but it's an 8gb microsd. Kind of dissapointing. Will try transfering them to the internal memory tomorrow and also try formatting the sdcard differently. I'd really prefer to keep them on the SD card though, same with recorded videos.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 AM

sodalimon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post

Smart solution
Increasing the allocation size of units responds as faster memory access, right. But it also causes an enormous memory waste, due to thousands of tiny files (eg. gallery image caches, system files, etc.). Everything, no matter how small, will cost at least 64kb

By the way, I once, for this reason, used 4kb (then 8kb) units and I had serious problems with the s60...
Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 PM

bradfordlad is on a distinguished road

Ive tried this on my phone, and has made no difference I get jerky videos wether they are recorded to memory card or phone internal memory.

When you record a video in what ever setting you like, try panning left to right and back its worse then any webcam ive seen. >
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM

warren is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to warren

same here its crap!!!! > >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement