oHD to NoHD - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM

bjb0019 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy oHD to NoHD

I had taken my oHD to the best cellphone support market of my city.. (rather my country) And I found out there that my oHD is suffering from short circuit problem! One guy over there told me he could try to repair it for 2.5k but he won't guaranty that it will work. (I know he just want to steal the hardware, as anyway the phone is dead... I saw it in his eyes )
So sadly there is no oHD for me now..
No matter if they release quadcore or hexcore phones oHD is the best phone I ever had and I ever will.. I kinda got emotionally attached to it!
And I have realized that no matter how good your life is going one day you wake up and your loved one is gone.. gone beyond your reach... (I woke up early morning kept the phone for charging and slept, and when I woke up again.. it was gone!)
I might not leave this forum yet.. but I won't be much frequent user... after all this blue and grey color will always remind me of my shine black pet..
As for my new phone, I don't think I will be buying anything yet, I would like to wait for something really good hardware.

-Long live oHD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

R.I.P. (your) OHD. Mine is alive and kicking, hopping it will continue like this for a while.

As for new phones, just make a pick from march next year batch, you will be fine

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that Hugs..hope you will find another great phone. Plenty of good ones to choose from in any case

I've been without my Omnia HD for about 6 months now and i still miss it sometimes though
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Well, I went to Samsung's service center for repairs, they gave me an estimation of 8.3k INR. According to them my pcb is damaged and they need to replace it. Why would I give them for repairs if I can get a used 16Gig oHD for 9k!
Also when I got my phone back all my black screws were replaced by cheap steel screws
Thankfully nothing from the inner hardware was stolen. Usually that is what they do here if you refuse to repair!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Sound Tech

adamvnz is on a distinguished road

Man That sucks!! I've had no support here in New Zealand from day one from Samsung. So I can only imagine, even the smallest fault good bye phone
Old 09-25-2015, 11:39 AM

Default Miracles do happen :)

Hey folks,
I have no words to describe the joy.
As you may know from the earlier posts of this thread, my oHD went in coma(bricked) during Sept 2011. And I never threw it away, it was lying in one of my closet, nicely packed in its box. I used to insert battery and try to turn it on once every four-five months, but it never did.
Except for today. Woah. For four years it was bricked and now it's back. Everything works just fine except battery, which charges and drains pretty fast. But I will buy a new battery along with body panel so that wont be an issue.
Well, it is really nice to see my baby come back to life.
Anyways, time to search for some .sis files
I hope everyone is having a good one. Miss you guys.

Cheers.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb0019 View Post
Hey folks,
I have no words to describe the joy.
As you may know from the earlier posts of this thread, my oHD went in coma(bricked) during Sept 2011. And I never threw it away, it was lying in one of my closet, nicely packed in its box. I used to insert battery and try to turn it on once every four-five months, but it never did.
Except for today. Woah. For four years it was bricked and now it's back. Everything works just fine except battery, which charges and drains pretty fast. But I will buy a new battery along with body panel so that wont be an issue.
Well, it is really nice to see my baby come back to life.
Anyways, time to search for some .sis files
I hope everyone is having a good one. Miss you guys.

Cheers.
Wow, that's amazing. The Omnia HD never dies..it just respawns in hell ;-) I hope you can still find some ROMs.

Miss you and the rest of the guys too. XDA isn't nearly as nice and fun :-)
Old 09-27-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCow View Post
Wow, that's amazing. The Omnia HD never dies..it just respawns in hell ;-) I hope you can still find some ROMs.

Miss you and the rest of the guys too. XDA isn't nearly as nice and fun :-)
Wow (or should I say cow ), its really good to hear from you man.

I had a huge collection of ROMs and Apps gathered from around here, but unfortunately the HDD which contains it makes clicks of death. (Seagate ) So I guess I'm gonna have to wait for that to come back to life as well.

It seems what they say is true, time heals all wounds...
The Following User Says Thank You to bjb0019 For This Useful Post:
WarCow (09-27-2015)
Old 01-17-2016, 05:44 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Well, mine is still alive, though I should reflash it, jusy for the gigs... I think I still have everything that I needed back then

Nice to see at least someone post something on these boards, LOL!

Cheers,
Fevv.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Well, mine is still alive, though I should reflash it, jusy for the gigs... I think I still have everything that I needed back then

Nice to see at least someone post something on these boards, LOL!

Cheers,
Fevv.
Go for it

A few days ago, I saw a lady in the train using a Omnia HD! She must have thought I was checking her out since I was staring intensely, but I was just checking out the beautiful phone, haha Should have asked if she was a forum member..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement