Watching Ripped Blu ray movies, please help!!! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Problems & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM

HectorCM is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Watching Ripped Blu ray movies, please help!!!

Hi, I have a question for you guys, Iīd really appreciate your help on this...

If I have a 720p blu ray rip (ironman by bapman) can I use Mediacoder, and choose (like some have suggested as preffered settings) for video: XVID, container: mp4 and for audio: lamemp3, aspect ratio 16:9, also keeping the bitrate as high as the source, AND rezing to 640 x 360...Will the end result be 720p HD picture quality (the same as the original br rip) or do I need to change XVID to other format? Does it really help to rezise to 640 x 360 to match our phoneīs native resolution or is it better to leave it just like it is (720p) and let the phone do the rezing? Should I lleave it in mp3 also? Whatīs the best audio format when dealing with blu ray rips?

As of now the settings I just described you work for me, the movies look very good, you could even say they look great, but I am not sure I am getting the quality in Video as High Def as the one found in the Helicopter demo for example, lets just say that all I want to get is TRUE HD (as much HD as the phone can handle) I mean, our phone can play these blu ray rips with the same quality as the source, thatīs for sure (helicopter demo) but I just donīt know if XVID can handle that (even high super high bitrates, just as the ones found in the actual rips) or if I need to change these settings in order to match as close as possible the hi def feel of watching blu rays at home or the one we all felt when we watched for the first time that gorgeus helicopter demo...

I really appreciate your help, I am going crazy!

***More ploblems...

As you could see I told you that those settings worked for me, but now I realize they actually dont...I say this because I used those settings to transcode ironman, but I actually only did it with the .mp4 sample of the movie (faster trial & error, against transcoding the full movie). The transcoded sample do work on the phone, Videoplayer can play it just fine...Now, using the same settings, I transcoded the full movie and I ended up with a 1.07 gigabyte file, I just copied it to my memory card, tried to played on our omnia, and first of all, the video is not even recognized by Videoplayer, I have to find it with file manager, now, when I tried to play the movie, I get the "unable to play video clip" damn message...

Whatīs wrong! I have more than 2 months with my phone and I have not been able to watch a 720p blu ray ripped movie yet on it, and to be honest, thatīs a considerable reason for me when I decided to buy this monster.

This is where I got the movie from:

Ironman 2008 BDRIP 720p BAPMAN (download torrent) - TPB

Maybe you could enter the site and at least see take a look a the detailed technical specifics of the rip so you can have more information about my problem...

Please help me! as you can see I have many questions for you, but I am sure Iīll find the answer in this forum. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by HectorCM; 05-03-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Update
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM
kaylawang

Default rip blu-ray

To rip Blu-rays, Aunsoft Blu-ray ripper is the best choice, it rips/converts Blu-ray/DVD with high quality. The most important is that Aunsoft gives 50% off for Blu-ray ripper, you can get the software with only half price now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement