Pre-Autofocus on video-recording - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 11:08 AM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

You don't have to use pre-focus, do you?

You can just record straight away with default settings?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

With this mod you can't disable it, unless you rename or delete txt file in private folder.

Heh, few months ago we never thought we could have this feature, I hope there can be a way to pre-focus and also have adaptive real time focusing too

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM

icslbdvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
With this mod you can't disable it, unless you rename or delete txt file in private folder.

Heh, few months ago we never thought we could have this feature, I hope there can be a way to pre-focus and also have adaptive real time focusing too
i dont think we can just delete the txt since its in z drive
and its locked from editing as i remember, but we can manipulate trough c2z patch that i would like to keep unused from many reasons...
is there any alternative solution for this cr4p?

i would like the old focusing method as the pre-autofocusing is useless on daily basis videos...

Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Quality ModWiz

wireless is on a distinguished road

Try this to disable it! I think that this is good only for very short distances, and in most cases produce blurry video. That's why Samsung abandon this feature...

PRE-autofocus_disable.zip

Last edited by wireless; 03-23-2010 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wireless For This Useful Post:
FahreS (05-13-2010)
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icslbdvl View Post
i dont think we can just delete the txt since its in z drive
and its locked from editing as i remember, but we can manipulate trough c2z patch that i would like to keep unused from many reasons...
is there any alternative solution for this cr4p?

i would like the old focusing method as the pre-autofocusing is useless on daily basis videos...
Well, we're discussing a mod/hack and not ROM embedded FW feature, even if it's the same functionality wise. Just mounting this mod/hack on FW which hasn't it, you can simply erase/rename txt file and you're all good - like me (if I want to disable it). If you already mount HX latest ROM flavor then you have to use original txt from non modified ROM, like the one wireless posted.

edit: we definalty need something like GUI app for switching these on/off... something like Animenu+ is doing for effects...

This is one of those things I like with mod/hacks in conjunction with pure unspoiled, yet improved custom FW ROMs - you get to pick your own way and do your own mod/hacks if FW is great and fast. Some people like to call it overcooking when you have it all ready on 'silver plate' while silver is not your first choice ... That is the main reason I'm sticking with what I have atm, being able to put and cancel mod/hack I don't want or need.

btw, I find my videos with pre-focus on par if not better then old ones. I know how to set myself re what I want to register and blurring is absent unless I pre-focus short distance objects and then tend to record mid-range ones...

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.

Last edited by Fevves; 03-23-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM

icslbdvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
Try this to disable it! I think that this is good only for very short distances, and in most cases produce blurry video. That's why Samsung abandon this feature...

Attachment 1532
thanks, i might write some app that will control this feature
on/off switch that will rename the pre-af txt to whatever and put back the samsung txt back and backwards but will require a hacked phone

we'll see
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM

JEskandari is on a distinguished road

Isn't it possible to Disable/Enable it Via Rompatcher+ ?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM

Busha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post

Attachment 1532
Sta Sarajevo ? :-)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:11 PM

mohcivil is on a distinguished road

Hello guys excuse me but I want to ask you about the continuous auto-focus in video recording is it possible to get it on our i8910 like Vivaz from SE ?!

YouTube - Sony Ericsson Vivaz 720p HD video sample

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to mohcivil For This Useful Post:
hiker (05-12-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Quality ModWiz

wireless is on a distinguished road

@ mohcivil: It's not...
@ Busha: ba... Sarajevo ba..
The Following User Says Thank You to wireless For This Useful Post:
mohcivil (03-25-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement