Pre-Autofocus on video-recording - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM

nyknight77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Thanks heeps HX!

btw, stickied!

edit:
it works great man!!!! no C2Z needed at all. All I did is extract txt from your SIS as I don't like mods in SIS form, placed it in appropriate folder and it simply works as you already proved in your latest ROMs. Thanks yet again!
Can u plz post the txt and location to put it? Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

Sorry if it is incorrect place for it but could someone elaborate?

This mod will introduce autofocus DURING recording or is it some PRE recording focus setting?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM

AawarA is on a distinguished road

Thanks HyperX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknight77 View Post
Can u plz post the txt and location to put it? Thanks!
Here is the location for txt file
c\Private\10202BE9

Old 03-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Techfreaky is on a distinguished road

Should it work on official September's firmware? It is hacked with HellOX and patches are on - though still no PreFocus active..
Old 03-22-2010, 02:52 PM

mohcivil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techfreaky View Post
Should it work on official September's firmware? It is hacked with HellOX and patches are on - though still no PreFocus active..
If it does not work with these official firmware may anyone please upload the last suitable camera firmware which working with Pre-Autofocus on video recording.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

@ valdigre: It focuses prior to recording, it does not adjust focus during the recording.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

@ Joey.
That's bad luck. I installed this on v3 17 (had also restored a settings back-up) and it worked fine.

Last edited by shug; 03-22-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM

nyknight77 is on a distinguished road

So it doesn't work on hacked official released firmware? I'm curious what this mod do.. would it improve focus at long distances caues all my hd recordings seems it has good focus already.

Oh, can someone please post the txt file too?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

umm, Jined V3B is custom rom but minimalistic approach - it has vital features without bloat and yet is recognized by Samsung PC studio as official version, is not prehacked/crancked and overcooked so it can be considered almost the same as official and I have no problem running this mod on my phone.

Benefits of this hack/mod are:
1. You can record almost macro videos if you pre focus on short and very short distances (like 5-10 centimeters), but if you then rise your phone and want to record 1-2 meter distant things they get blurred (I see it right and it's how it should act) so it has its limits here and in this case.
2. If you pre focus on long distance objects and things, they are well focused, IMO much better then before, and everything else beyond 1-2 meters is focused enough so it doesn't produce heavily blurred recordings, but you can't get close to something like 5-10 cms as recording becomes heavily blurred.
3. Great for mid-range video recs as you get real nice focus on everything if you're static and recording something like racing or concert events...

Overall, I'm impressed with this and I only wish it can be further developed and/or changed so we get real-time auto focusing too.. that would rock and shake not only our little forums here, but all the globe and blogs out there IMO

I'm attaching extracted unaltered txt from HX SIS for those who have problems installing SIS.
As already mentioned you should put this txt file in c:\private\10202BE9. I had no need to activate C2Z patch for this to work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 101F8808.txt (7.2 KB, 78 views)

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fevves For This Useful Post:
infeqt0r (04-19-2010), re-2007 (03-23-2010)
Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 AM

icslbdvl is on a distinguished road

am i wrong or on older fw's there was auto focusing by looking at the settings
it wasn't great but it worked when you're shooting movement and many scenes and objects

and with this pre-focus settings its awful for an everyday video
scenes are blurry and if you move from a object or a scene you pre focused on
the whole video becomes blurry and useless so...

why would you like the pre-autofocusing to shoot a macro video once a year?
and **** up all everyday use?

i flashed to v3-17 fw and i dont like the pre-focus thing can someone upload the old .txt file so i could get the old fashion video recording method

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement