So, do yo really want fixed 24fps video recording? - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,409 Times in 253 Posts
hyperx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hyperx

since my moving everything has "changed" a little bit.... also my girl-friend is sick atm. and is lieing on the sofa/bed.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 10:34 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

so 23,997 FPS is acceptable : just j/k guys. Do your crazy dance and by all means try to work together on this, it might be worth the hustle

On teh serious note - can you lower the video stream bitrate to something like ~9000kbps average and up audio to 128kbps as your mediainfo reports almost 12Mbps for video and IMHO it would be smoother and even with better sound if you could average both of them streams as proposed/suggested. I don't know if it's doable, but suggesting it can't hurt I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperx View Post
since my moving everything has "changed" a little bit.... also my girl-friend is sick atm. and is lieing on the sofa/bed.....
Just take it easy and take care of your IRL things and your loved ones. That's what comes in the first place, everything else can wait for you right here me thinks.

Take care.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.

Last edited by Fevves; 03-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanked 1,409 Times in 253 Posts
hyperx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hyperx

itīs weird that most of the people (on my site) would prefer the 48kbit video... and i can confirm, itīs really better....in my opinion

Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 PM

mmick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah take care of your stuff/girlf

We want badly the FW but first thereīs your personal life (though I know LOTS of guys are almost killing me for saying this )

Quote:
itīs weird that most of the people (on my site) would prefer the 48kbit video... and i can confirm, itīs really better....in my opinion
Well, sometimes higher bitrates or numbers donīt mean better quality. How it is encoded and how everything is being processed / regulated is much more important. For example when bitrate is too high on video you get dropped frames, sluggish video despite higher bitrate.

Audio on Video 06 is enough for me and video @ 720p 24 or 23.97fps has more chance to play well on lots of players than inconstant/rare fps.

IMO stick with that option, move on to fix other bugs on other areas and *when you have time* take a look at Vivaz

My 2.11 SPEED needs a replacement and it would be like christmas if a 2.12 MAIN with that "HX special 720p driver" + 2.11 fixes.

Last edited by mmick; 03-13-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 PM
@bstract Journeyman

48kbps? Can't tell as I haven't seen video featuring 96kbps ( I couldn't DL wireless video as link gave me error downloading) but I think more room can be made by upgrading audio bitrate while upping khz/kbit to greater value and lowering a bit video bitrate as I don't think we need something like 12mbps for video stream so it would look nice. 9000kbps for video stream should be more then ok IMHO. I know it would downgrade video stream for a slight bit, but it could gain you better audio.

If it's hiss that's pondering you, then it could be something to do with microphone settings or microphone hardware itself, but in real world better khz/kbps should produce better sound/video on lossless encoded audio/video.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
9000kbps for video stream should be more then ok IMHO. I know it would downgrade video stream for a slight bit, but it could gain you better audio.
Lets not forget that his is video encoded ON-the-FLY which leaves little room for good encoding. 1280x720x24fps = 22118400 pixels/second

Most (internet converted) movies encoded in x264, for acceptable 720p they use 6000-8000Kbits/s. On an on-the-fly 720p encoded file you have (in theory) to double that value...

On good light environments lower bitrates may not be noticable, but on low light with lots of noise... you get macro blocks and huge loss on detail
Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 PM
@bstract Journeyman

True, but at least averaging a bit and experimenting can't hurt me thinks. Editing is one thing and real time recording is something else as you nicely pointed it out but if experimenting with parameters can gain more overall quality it could be an option imo.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:49 PM

MrSkiba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmick View Post
You deserve the break donīt you have friends heavily specialized on A/V enconding + Cortex A8 code tunning to take a drink with?
You sir have just made me lol
Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkiba View Post
You sir have just made me lol
Good to know I hope Andy likes it too and speeds up the new FW Our (mine and yours) i8910 2.11 SPEED needs an update
Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 PM

Stile is on a distinguished road

So, where is the patch and explanation how to activate it?

P.S. Ha ha... Is it Bosnia?
The Following User Says Thank You to Stile For This Useful Post:
ishanluv (09-29-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement