My "Universal" Kastor Effects!! Link to Download: - Page 6 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 AM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road

great effect! very fast indeed. but, darknight07/anyone know what's the file in the effects folder that change the rorating effect(e.g when i rorate the device)? i don't really like it so i want some new changes.

thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 AM

maisics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit12345 View Post
great effect! very fast indeed. but, darknight07/anyone know what's the file in the effects folder that change the rorating effect(e.g when i rorate the device)? i don't really like it so i want some new changes.

thanks in advance
bro symbian freak have a mad thread for members on kastor effect. but the files are the 6 layoutswitch___________.kml
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to maisics For This Useful Post:
vit12345 (03-05-2010)
Old 03-02-2010, 12:47 PM

MrSkiba is on a distinguished road

@darknight07

I just installed these effects on HX Speed 2.11, everything seems smooth apart from the transition from idle to the menu screen. Any thoughts why this would be?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
darknight07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkiba View Post
@darknight07

I just installed these effects on HX Speed 2.11, everything seems smooth apart from the transition from idle to the menu screen. Any thoughts why this would be?
If by idle screen, u mean transition from homescreen to menu (which is an android slide effect), then that's weird,...
I was thinking of PMing HyperX to see if he would test my effects before his final release. Another user Pujolsk made a video (front page) that shows exact same place it glitching to default. but he was on official
Is HX speed hacked by default? or it might be ur c2z glitching

vit12345, u just need to change LayoutSwitch_default.kml no need for others
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
vit12345 (03-05-2010)
Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 AM

pujolsk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight07 View Post
If by idle screen, u mean transition from homescreen to menu (which is an android slide effect), then that's weird,...
I was thinking of PMing HyperX to see if he would test my effects before his final release. Another user Pujolsk made a video (front page) that shows exact same place it glitching to default. but he was on official

Yes, and I have tried it on at least 3 official firmwares and I never make it work as it should!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:24 PM

MrSkiba is on a distinguished road

HX2.11 Speed is hacked by default, c2z is used from startup, the rest of the transitions work fine, its just the home screen to main menu it just gives up with. The HX 2.03 Full release worked fine, seems to just be a problem with the speed version of the firmware.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
darknight07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkiba View Post
HX2.11 Speed is hacked by default, c2z is used from startup, the rest of the transitions work fine, its just the home screen to main menu it just gives up with. The HX 2.03 Full release worked fine, seems to just be a problem with the speed version of the firmware.
Maybe, but it works fine in HX 2.1 beta, so u should be ok
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Shiva (03-07-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 12:15 AM

jantore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight07 View Post

darknight, i am using your "universal effects refixed" and i absolutely digg it. however, just like vit12345, i too have been wanting to replace the LayoutSwitch_default.kml. the problem is, i know which transition i want in its place, but i can't seem to find the file which contains it - so i was wondering if you could help me locate the right kml, as it doesn't seem to exist....

- SOMEtimes, in your default "universal effects refixed", the transition i am talking about appears in place of the LayoutSwitch_default.kml, e.g., when switching the layout (from horizontal to vertical or vice versa) -while- the phone is accessing a folder/music album etc.
- the transition is acting exactly like the LayoutSwitchExit_default.kml and LayoutSwitchStart_default.kml, as in a drapery that is opened from the middle of the screen, revealing screenB behind.
- the transition is different from LayoutSwitchExit_default.kml and LayoutSwitchStart_default.kml; its edges isn't hard, but pixellated, which gives it a slick "WOW"-factor while at the same time being simple and fast

are you able to locate this transition, that seems to be mysteriously integrated in your kastor effects version? Thank you very much in advance.

JT
Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 AM

jantore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantore View Post
darknight, i am using your "universal effects refixed" and i absolutely digg it. however, just like vit12345, i too have been wanting to replace the LayoutSwitch_default.kml. the problem is, i know which transition i want in its place, but i can't seem to find the file which contains it - so i was wondering if you could help me locate the right kml, as it doesn't seem to exist....

- SOMEtimes, in your default "universal effects refixed", the transition i am talking about appears in place of the LayoutSwitch_default.kml, e.g., when switching the layout (from horizontal to vertical or vice versa) -while- the phone is accessing a folder/music album etc.
- the transition is acting exactly like the LayoutSwitchExit_default.kml and LayoutSwitchStart_default.kml, as in a drapery that is opened from the middle of the screen, revealing screenB behind.
- the transition is different from LayoutSwitchExit_default.kml and LayoutSwitchStart_default.kml; its edges isn't hard, but pixellated, which gives it a slick "WOW"-factor while at the same time being simple and fast

are you able to locate this transition, that seems to be mysteriously integrated in your kastor effects version? Thank you very much in advance.

JT

i just found out. the effect is the same as is standard when you switch between themes in settings>personal>themes>general

the transition is located in Z:\resource\effects\Screensaver_default.kml
and uses Z:\resource\effects\mask.png

so all i had to do was copy Screensaver_default.kml from Z:\resource\effects to C:\resource\effects, rename it LayoutSwitch_default.kml, and reload the theme effects -- some sexy lookin' transition

Last edited by jantore; 03-30-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 AM

fatusai is on a distinguished road

can some0ne post the link for kastor effects...thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement