Images & videos gallery limiting - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:53 PM

djclark25 is on a distinguished road
Default Images & videos gallery limiting

Hi there.

If I go into Gallery-----> Images and videos, it shows all the pictures and videos I have on the E drive. Is there any way to limit this to the Images and Videos folders on the E drive only, or is that only available if I install a cooked ROM?

Any help much appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 AM

paulster is on a distinguished road

Not exactly to limit it, but you can hide the pics you don't want to see. Easiest to do this on a computer rather than on the phone - just browse your E drive in mass storage mode and find the folders containing the images you don't want to see. Select all images, right click, properties and check 'hidden'. Gallery and mediabrowser will now not pick them up.

There may be a hack to limit where the gallery searches but I'm not aware of it - the above method works fine for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I tried hiding the photos through x-plore on the actual phone but the image browser still picked them up. Will try hiding them on the pc, then transfer them to the phone, see if that works.

Thanks again.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
darknight07

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster View Post
Not exactly to limit it, but you can hide the pics you don't want to see. Easiest to do this on a computer rather than on the phone - just browse your E drive in mass storage mode and find the folders containing the images you don't want to see. Select all images, right click, properties and check 'hidden'. Gallery and mediabrowser will now not pick them up.

There may be a hack to limit where the gallery searches but I'm not aware of it - the above method works fine for me.
I can confirm that this "hidden" trick only works for Mediabrowser, NOT for Galleries for me (had this problem on both custom and official roms). However, my main problem is that Galleries keeps on reading my "Ndrive/images_favorites" folder images, which I already hide. So i see really no solution to this as NDrive is easily the BEST GPS software i've ever used!! (and I've been using it for months on my i8910)
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM

thats odd cause i use ndrive too and it works a treat for me. Did you make the PICTURES hidden, not just the folder? I found i had to select all the png files then make them hidden, not just the containing folder. And yes, for me this works in the gallery too. I'm on italian latest fw.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 PM

n95star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight07 View Post
I can confirm that this "hidden" trick only works for Mediabrowser, NOT for Galleries for me (had this problem on both custom and official roms). However, my main problem is that Galleries keeps on reading my "Ndrive/images_favorites" folder images, which I already hide.
hi darknight, after hide the images, you have to delete all the files that u find in these folders (and restart your phone)

E:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\

or F:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\ (if you have a memory card)
and C:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\

are all files with .dat extension, and are only preview and cache files of images creating by the gallery, so you can delete all it in all tranquillity

i hope to help you
(and sorry for my english ^^ )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n95star For This Useful Post:
mohcivil (03-30-2010)
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 PM

hope this works for you, i didnt have to do this though it just worked straight away
Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 AM

Hi all.

What I tried was to connect the phone in Mass storage mode then on the PC make the videos / images hidden, and then copy them to the phone.

When I then disconnected the phone, the images and videos did NOT appear in the Images and Videos folder within the Gallery App. I suppose as they were hidden before they went on the phone, the gallery doesnt know about them.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
darknight07

didn't expect so many replies Anyways, paulster, by hiding that "images_favourites" folder, it already hid everything (all images) within it, so I couldn't hide them again obviously...
but n95star, ur trick WORKED . "Galleries" was indeed reading those cached files.
And the reason, paulster, y u didn't have to delete those caches, is probs there weren't any. (i often tended to start Ndrive, then galleries, then hide the folders, and then wonder y it didn't do anythin LOL )
Anyways, BIG thanx to all of u
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
n95star (12-03-2009), paulster (12-08-2009)
Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 AM

claudem is on a distinguished road

Hello,
By the way, on my phone all hidden pictures are displayed the same way in the gallery as blue "standard" thumbnails (even if I empy the cache folder). I'm using Ndrive too, and I simply deleted all pictures in the favourite image folder (You don't have to delete all of them but for me they are totaly useless and the app works perfectly without them). I also often empty the cache folder of my other apps that work with downloaded images. Hope there will be a trick soon, because the new image gallery (kinetic) works only well with a resonablle amount of picture. My best advice to solve this is to use Resco photo wiever (I installed it on C:, very fast, great kinetic and lots of settings (of course you can choose the folders you want to scan for pictures). But this app is not freeware and don't browse videos).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement