Images & videos gallery limiting - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM

RealMadrid is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to limit the gallery only to photos?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 AM

nomi49 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster View Post
Not exactly to limit it, but you can hide the pics you don't want to see. Easiest to do this on a computer rather than on the phone - just browse your E drive in mass storage mode and find the folders containing the images you don't want to see. Select all images, right click, properties and check 'hidden'. Gallery and mediabrowser will now not pick them up.

There may be a hack to limit where the gallery searches but I'm not aware of it - the above method works fine for me.
I have this huge list of graphics in the gallery from kastor effects and dayhand input. Both are copied on to C: that drive is not accessible in the Mass Storage mode. Is there a way around to hide them from gallery?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Install LCG X-Plore trial version. This trial version is fully functional, has advanced options and has kinetic scrolling. It isn't limited in functionality and does not expire. It has 3 seconds nudge screens on starting and ending of program and that is the only difference between trial and full version.
Once started X-plore, enable viewing of system/hidden drives and folders. Find folders you wish to exclude from viewing, go to File/Attributes and check hidden attribute. Once done confirm the operation. Then follow advice from here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n95star View Post
hi darknight, after hide the images, you have to delete all the files that u find in these folders (and restart your phone)

E:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\

or F:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\ (if you have a memory card)
and C:\Private\101f8857\Cache\E\

are all files with .dat extension, and are only preview and cache files of images creating by the gallery, so you can delete all it in all tranquillity

i hope to help you
(and sorry for my english ^^ )
Same applies also for C and F drives. Once you done all this, go to your Gallery and let it refresh. All those annoying and ghost entries are gone.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fevves For This Useful Post:
hiker (05-12-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement