Change cache and increase browser performance - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

I saw only imminent performance gain in default browser, but without cache and on 3G net. it's becoming a pain sometimes as it alwasy have to pull entire pages... so I maxed my cache at 25MB now Hoping to see what happens next, though with Opera 10 beta I need default browser only for OVI...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM

phlim79 is on a distinguished road
Default New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobob83 View Post
Just tried it like yourself, I had to get the file from Z:/

After editing, I've copied the new file to the specified folder on C:/ and can confirm the modified folder is on C: and the original file is on Z:

For now, it doesn't seem to make much difference, but I'm at work so am only using 3G so that might be why it's not as fast as I was expecting out of this hack. Still, any improvement in speed is worthwhile.

Hi Friend i have just tested out the instruction and mine happen to be in a different case, my orginal file in Z: was somehow forced to change to what i had edited in C: Anyone encounter this?

To be in simple: file in C: and Z: are the same
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:56 PM

vaibhav_etrx is on a distinguished road

do i have to copy the 101xx8557.txt file after modification in e root or in the cache folder in e???? pl help.....

Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

uhm... it's explained in the first post to the letter...

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Lucian is on a distinguished road
Default Missing Folders/Files

Hello everyone...

am facing a lil problem actualy...i cant find the file101F8557.txt nor the other mentionned directories in Z:/private and C:/ private...

am using X-plore for file browsing, phone is already hacked (all dir opened) and the italian firmware XXJB1...

is anyone facing the same kinda of situation?

thanks in advance...
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Lucian is on a distinguished road

Hello...

managed to find the file...forgot to use da open4all patch last time...lolz

when trying to mod it, my cache is still on C: :-( ...even after pasting it in the mentionned path

Am trying to find a way to fix it...if anyone finds something, please notify me...

firmware vrs : XXJB1 (Italian i guess...)

thanks a lot...

Lucian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement