Free up some memory (5MB) on C: - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 AM

SS2006 is on a distinguished road

Hey all
whats the default free phone memory you SHOULD have
want to make sure I didnt install something to phone memory by mistake or theres something there that shouldnt be
Mine is 20MB (out of 40MB),, is that normal?
thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Right of the bat on official XII1 it should be ~37MB, don't know for other FWs but some custom cooked FWs can give you up to 90MB of C drive.

Installing apps/games even on mass memory, there is a small potion that installs on C so it eats up a little. Internet cache is on C drive too, so more you browse, the more it takes off of C drive. Messaging system is eating up C drive if you haven't set it to save everything on mass memory too. There is more, but these are principal culprits that can diminish free space on C drive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:32 PM

chjohans is on a distinguished road

The filename is "reserved"and not "reserved.bin" om my I8910 (original firmware but fully hacked).

And the file will be back the second I open "Device Manager". The file "reserved.txt" has no effect whatsoever, I guess it should prevent the original 5MB from reappearing but it does not. I've also tried to make an empty file calld "resevred.bin" and "reserved" but that doesn't help either, the original 5MB file (called "reserved" on my device) will be back the second I open "Device Manager".

Any cure for this (except for the obvious - not to open "Device Manager)?

Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, there isn't. Anyways, device manager will not give any useful info that you didn't already knew... I just restrain from opening it

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM

yhe2x is on a distinguished road

I'm using HyperX rom 1.61 hacked version with kineticbrowser and there's a sis file name freespace.sis tha came with the package...has anyone tried using this?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:22 AM

yhe2x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhe2x View Post
I'm using HyperX rom 1.61 hacked version with kineticbrowser and there's a sis file name freespace.sis tha came with the package...has anyone tried using this?
ok I've installed it and it freed 5mb off the c drive but when i opened device manager 5mb came back so I reinstalled freespace again...I guess I just won't open device manager since I don't really use it anyway
Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Burs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Burs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnusmas8910HD View Post
i thought that could be misleading...
i meant 2 say, is that if u don't create that reserved.txt, the system will recreate it after boot...
So much untrue. At least on Italian II1 firmware. File appears back again only when starting Device Manager. I've reboot my cell at least 3-4 times and the file was still not there. And .txt does not have any effect on anything. Anyway thanks for the tip. I was already below 10 megs on C: drive...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:45 PM

jhdirnjhdo is on a distinguished road

I guess I just won't open device manager since I don't really use it anyway
Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 AM

kannan is on a distinguished road

pls change the attributes of the created file to read only(newly created "reserved" file).........i tried by rebooting and opening device manager as well and it worked
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 PM

chjohans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan View Post
pls change the attributes of the created file to read only(newly created "reserved" file).........i tried by rebooting and opening device manager as well and it worked
Does not make a bit of a difference. Whatever attributes I set on the "reserved" file it will be replaced with the 4.8MB file as soon as I enter "Device manager".

The only real solution so far is to stay away from "Device Manager" - with some practice it's not really that hard :=)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement