[Fix] How To Improve Batterylife - Page 5 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 AM

themask007 is on a distinguished road
Smile Battery improvement found

I put value 52 from 75 somedays ago & found a little better batterylife now.

Thanks to thread starter for info.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM

DarkSideR is on a distinguished road

here are my readings for 'vbatt calc date read'

1) 3,45V : 45
2) 3,58V : 60
3) 3,70V : 75
4) 3,75V : 81
5) 3,79V : 86
6) 3,83V : 91
7) 3,89V : 98
8) 3,96V : 107

What should I change? Currently, the battery dies very quickly.
Im using n204 firmware.

thanks in advance!!! (sorry for bad english :P)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 AM

themask007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideR View Post
here are my readings for 'vbatt calc date read'

2) 3,58V : 60

What should I change? Currently, the battery dies very quickly.
Im using n204 firmware.
Sorry bro but my ans would be ::: Phone Battery.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM

jjdoctor is on a distinguished road

One easy way to drain ur battery in one hour is to Leave Phone Torch application running in background WITHOUT Turning on the LED Light... I dont know what is the reason but despite the fact my LED light is off and application running... my battery becomes So hot as if its under too much stress...

keep it running in background and then Stream youtube videos or watch a movie and open a gps application.. I dont think ur battery would last more than 1-1.5 hours...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 AM

jjdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish55 View Post
What will happen if I will put a value like 40? Will my phone only turn off without warning,when my battery will be empty or will it turn off also with a full charged battery?

I would say this tip helped improved my battery by 10% ONLY

I was getting 18-20 hrs total time... my VBAT setting was 78 but I changed to 52...

Before doing these settings my battery initial bars would fall faster than the last ones... first 3 bars in 6-7 hrs.. the last one would sometimes last 10-12 hrs...

after I changed Vbat to 52... my first battery bar was not dropping for 12 hours... I was happy that My battery life improved... later after 16 hrs it dropped to 5 bars...after 20 hrs of intial charge my battery was on 3 bars and suddenly in next 2 hours it fell to complete battery drain.... so it gave me around 22-23 hrs this time...

It looks like it just changes the bars timing...

I changed to Vbat to 40 but still no change.... initial bars fell very slow and when the phone was on the last 4 bars, it went down in 2 hours and battery was completetly dead...

and yes if u leave it dead... the time and date will stop... so u hav to change it everytime....
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Samsung i8910 Omnia HD is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjter View Post
Found something
Follow these steps and make sure your battery is fully charged.

- press *#0228#
- then press back once then tap [5] Reset VBATT Cal data
- then drain the battery until it wont start
- then recharge your battery with phone off to 100% battery, and your batterylife will be improved,

Do this if your phone has bad batterylife after flashing.
Found out that this helped me so try and i also did a factory reset after this and my battery life is perfect, 3 hours and still 100% with regular use, cheers
You saved me buddy.... thanks alot for this tip! :-)
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM

PureXTC is on a distinguished road

WOW I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. My battery would only last a day before doing this, now it goes for 2-3 days with the same amount of usage. This ROCKS!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM

coenox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjter View Post
Found something
Follow these steps and make sure your battery is fully charged.

- press *#0228#
- then press back once then tap [5] Reset VBATT Cal data
- then drain the battery until it wont start
- then recharge your battery with phone off to 100% battery, and your batterylife will be improved,

Do this if your phone has bad batterylife after flashing.
Found out that this helped me so try and i also did a factory reset after this and my battery life is perfect, 3 hours and still 100% with regular use, cheers

Followed the procedure except for the factory reset. Even used a new battery. No improvement. Is the factory reset essential ? And wat about other posts setting VBATT Cal data to '52'. Wil this help?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Infinito is on a distinguished road

I did this trick what ajjter wrote, I changed value 3.58v to 52, I did other things as GPS off, packet data when needed, video sharing off etc, and my battery bars are still decreasing fast. It is about a day to completely dead... I am using CODEC v3 firmware (before flashing to it battery was holding for about a week) but I was told that it is not because of mod... Please, can somebody tell me solution to my problem?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 AM

PureXTC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinito View Post
I did this trick what ajjter wrote, I changed value 3.58v to 52, I did other things as GPS off, packet data when needed, video sharing off etc, and my battery bars are still decreasing fast. It is about a day to completely dead... I am using CODEC v3 firmware (before flashing to it battery was holding for about a week) but I was told that it is not because of mod... Please, can somebody tell me solution to my problem?
How long have you had your phone for? If you have done all the tips and still can't get any noticeable increase in battery life you might need to replace the battery.

As I stated in a previous post, this worked for me and I can get 2-3x the use out of the same old battery. The one thing that is a bit of a problem is that if I use my GPS or using WiFi, I can have 3 bars left but it will drain very fast (within 1hr, my phone will be totally empty)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
battery omnia hd