[Tweak] How To Increase 3G Speed - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 AM

dan_f14 is on a distinguished road

I think I may have fixed it. No idea how though. I can go through all the steps I have tried though I am not sure what worked.

First I tried reinstalling my modem. However this did not rectify the problem.

Second I did a hard reset. Not sure what this would have done as I am on HXV8 so it just hung on the screen when it tries installing all the extras.

Third I was forced into flashing my firmware again. This did not seem to do anything. Upon trying to connect to webpages it just said webpage unavailable.

Fourth I edited the settings in the secret menu. First I entered *#0228# then back 3 times, then 1 > 8 > > 3 > 4 > 2 > 2 (Release 99). Then back, back, 5 (HSPA Support) 2 > 1 R99.

Then tried the internet again but it didn't work. Again came up webpage unavailable. Then I realised Internet was default setup for WAP. I changed the default connection to Orange Internet and it worked.

Now the horrible task of reinstalling everything. Well on a brighter note at least I have beer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 AM

Revomikey101 is on a distinguished road

lol, it looks like you had a late night tinkering with the phone too dan. I fixed mine too, i got it sorted about 1am.

Here is what i did if it helps:

*#0228#
back, back, back,

Change the display RC vers to R5 (no 1)
then i found that that all the numbers (in No 2) 0-9 have built in defaults, i selected number 2 (although it may have been number 3) and backed out of the menus. do not press ok at this point, just back out.

It worked.

I tried all variations on R6 and nothing worked at all so it has to be R5, i figured that between R99, R5 and R6 there were only 30 combinations so i tried 0-9 on R6, nothing, then changed to R5, got as far as 2 or 3 and it all sprung back to life.

Happy bunny!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Well,heres another update. My internet stopped again today.

I rang orange and there is a message being played that all orange internet across the country is currently faulty and has been since last night, it may not be fixed until tomorrow.

I wonder if we have just wasted an entire evening? lmao.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to check i guess.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revomikey101 View Post

I rang orange and there is a message being played that all orange internet across the country is currently faulty and has been since last night, it may not be fixed until tomorrow.

Same here, thanks for posting, you have saved me from spending another night tinkering with my phone. Mine has stopped again. However I wouldn't have phoned them for another few days as I hate call centres.

Cheers

Dan
Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revomikey101 View Post

3G should be working on Orange now. It is on mine in the North West UK anyway.

Edit: Changed settings to the ones mentioned in here and I have a noticeable increase in speed. Cheers.

Last edited by dan_f14; 08-19-2010 at 05:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_f14 For This Useful Post:
Revomikey101 (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:48 PM

mine was good too, but its off again now, Orange are still playing the message and they told me that it could last til tomorrow.

I am glad that our phones are healthy though.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_f14 View Post
T
I have tried adding all sorts of values to this number but it just reverts back to TMCommand:1836 every time I go back to check.

Could somebody please check the TMCommand number for me. To get there follow the instructions posted but press 6 instead of 5. DO NOT PRESS BACK THOUGH as this will delete a number like myself.

Cheers
Dan

I know you guys already solved it, but in case someone need those values, I found that mine was showing TMCommand: 183526 as original one. Might be of use to someone else.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

publisher is on a distinguished road

Tether it to my laptop and go to speedTest on there, using the phones connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTD View Post
publisher, how do you use SpeedTest on the phone?

@OP, thank you for this!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 PM

marcround is on a distinguished road

I seem to be stuck on the GSM network atm, when I change to r6(HSPA) or r5(HSDPA) in the secret menu my connection speed doesn't change so I'm stuck with this annoyingly slow speed

Information that may or may not be useful:
•Firmware - n2o4
•Provider - orange
•Signal - 7 bars
•My brother is able to get speeds of about 1.6 Mb down and 550 Kb up from his iphone on the same provider from the same location so I doubt its a coverage problem

any ideas?

Last edited by marcround; 12-12-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:55 PM

themask007 is on a distinguished road

I changed some options in 3g Settings and found 3g on phone not working.

So Please sombody give me original readings of here
Put in dialer
*#0228#
then back, back, back,

And values to tell :??
[1] [Drx] [ ?? ]
[2] Fake Security [ ?? ]

Also then Hit 3 and give: ??
[1] Ciphering [ ?? ]
[2] Integerity [ ?? ]

Thanks in advance for giving values on place of ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
omnia hd browser speed