[Tweak] How To Increase 3G Speed - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Mazroui is on a distinguished road

amazing find ^_^

on a speed test my connection went up from 384 down and 125 up to a 1004 down and a 250 up

browsing for a few minutes on opera and the default browser i noticed a small difference in load speed on news pages which is much better than normal , i dunno if i'll download any big files on my phone but i surely will test it out

8GB i8910 HD working on N2o3 FW running for the last month or so and simply felt a new phone after the update , much faster and more productive than before.

off topic , do i need any of the system/browser hacks to speed up the phone with N2o3 FW or is it built in ? i guess im simply greedy since its already working faster than original fw jvif6 but messeging seems a little slow when jumping between the message to keyboard for typing
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 AM

ajjter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazroui View Post
amazing find ^_^

on a speed test my connection went up from 384 down and 125 up to a 1004 down and a 250 up

browsing for a few minutes on opera and the default browser i noticed a small difference in load speed on news pages which is much better than normal , i dunno if i'll download any big files on my phone but i surely will test it out

8GB i8910 HD working on N2o3 FW running for the last month or so and simply felt a new phone after the update , much faster and more productive than before.

off topic , do i need any of the system/browser hacks to speed up the phone with N2o3 FW or is it built in ? i guess im simply greedy since its already working faster than original fw jvif6 but messeging seems a little slow when jumping between the message to keyboard for typing
What are you going to speed up you say ?
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM

datcrew1 is on a distinguished road

When i try and do this i get to the last bit but don't get r5
mine shows
[1]release 99
[2]release 5
[3]release 6
so what do i do from here?

sorry sussed it
cheers

Last edited by datcrew1; 06-29-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 PM

dan_f14 is on a distinguished road

Help I think I've done something wrong as my phone won't connect to 3G. It still displays it though. Basically I remember following the instructions but instead of pressing 5 for HSPA Support I must have pressed 6 which displays

Press Back Key
TMCommand:1836

So I pressed back thinking that would take me back to the previous screen, however it deleted one of the numbers. Dunno what the number was before 1836 or how to restore it. Pressing a number eg 1 seems to make it change to 183601. Doesn't matter what I leave it as though as when I return it reverts back to 1836.

Anyway I changed to R5 but I did not look at the initial value as I changed it before reading the full post. However I have tried both R99 and R6. I am currently in the UK. Does anybody know how to fix this. When trying to connect to 3G it just comes up with the error message Packet Data Network connection not available.

Cheers
Dan
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 PM

Revomikey101 is on a distinguished road

yeah, i have done the same, any help guys?? please? will a re flash sort this?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 PM

Just tried a hard reset and a reflash, its still not working on wap or the orange internet.

Getting worried now.

anyone know how to reset the standard values? or know what they should be?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revomikey101 View Post
Just tried a hard reset and a reflash, its still not working on wap or the orange internet.

Getting worried now.

anyone know how to reset the standard values? or know what they should be?
I have a feeling the settings may assist people on US networks and not the UK networks. Are you trying to connect in the UK.

Did you check out the default setting before changing? I didn't but I have tried R6 and R99 but neither seem to work . This has really messed my phone up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Settings in secret menu does not comply to resets and flashes. The only way around is to manually input settings you need. I changed it a long time before to release r5 and all I can do is switch to r99, r5 r6 . I have no other values to test there. Every single option is selectable without odd numbers and codes and I can get back and check if it is applied. All works as it should.

Have you tried to repeat the steps and enter r6 or r5 as an option?

I hope you guys get yours sorted.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 PM

thanks Fevves, does anyone know what the figures should be for Orange for us to manually input them?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Settings in secret menu does not comply to resets and flashes. The only way around is to manually input settings you need. I changed it a long time before to release r5 and all I can do is switch to r99, r5 r6 . I have no other values to test there. Every single option is selectable without odd numbers and codes and I can get back and check if it is applied. All works as it should.

Have you tried to repeat the steps and enter r6 or r5 as an option?

I hope you guys get yours sorted.
The only value that I modified was when I pressed option 6 instead of option 5 for HSPA support. There is no option 6 but it presented me with this screen

Press Back Key
TMCommand:Some number

I pressed back and it deleted a value from that number and now displays

Press Back Key
TMCommand:1836

I have tried adding all sorts of values to this number but it just reverts back to TMCommand:1836 every time I go back to check.

Could somebody please check the TMCommand number for me. To get there follow the instructions posted but press 6 instead of 5. DO NOT PRESS BACK THOUGH as this will delete a number like myself.

Cheers
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
omnia hd browser speed