Want 600mhz clocked processor? Here is how :) - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Modifications and Hacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 PM

fish55 is on a distinguished road

Has enyobody know how to put a cpu on 300MHz for better battery?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM

nedooo is on a distinguished road

600mhz is not an overclock, didn't you know that.
It is normal clock for our phone proc. It is just undercloked to 550mhz when the full power is not needed. So it can go to 600mhz by it self without this. But keeping it on constant 600mhz can make it just a little faster and that's a verry verry little.
Overclocking proc. I don't know I supose that the proc. clock is readen from some file and overwriting those values should do it.
But this could be dangerous, it could easily burn proc. And I don't thinhk that proc. speed is bottleneck of OHD.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:34 AM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedooo View Post
Even with PPM off it still keeps ability to go from 550 to 600mhz and vice versa
Similar settings was present in Samsung Jet, You could set proc. to variable mod or choose from around 200-800mhz constant clock.
What's good, is that we can have app writen for this, or even more, maybe rise max proc. clock, but that could be proclaimed reverse engineering if it's writen by enybody else but HX(or his helpers )
Or maybe he will proclaim it opensource
Jet has a system settings for CPU speed. You can set it on 400, 600 and 800MHz, default being 600MHz.
We got scalable CPU that operates on its own and yes OHD CPU is 600MHz optimized for better battery life.

As for the rest, I sure do hope someone knowledgable enough can code an application which gives as options like JET has... as long as he gives it to everyone, don't claim 'ownership' or 'tribute' (as it goes along with the whole thing).

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Jet has a system settings for CPU speed. You can set it on 400, 600 and 800MHz, default being 600MHz.
We got scalable CPU that operates on its own and yes OHD CPU is 600MHz optimized for better battery life.

As for the rest, I sure do hope someone knowledgable enough can code an application which gives as options like JET has... as long as he gives it to everyone, don't claim 'ownership' or 'tribute' (as it goes along with the whole thing).
i LOLed at this.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Me too as I was writting it, but it would be rather nice if someone could actually write such s60v5 application for i8910

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 PM

stevenp1986 is on a distinguished road

fevves could you sticky this, i think it's quite useful for some people
Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
@bstract Journeyman

kk, but I expect an application for switching MegaHurtz from 500 to 550 and 600Mhz, LOL (just j/k)

Old 05-30-2010, 08:16 PM

kapeedp is on a distinguished road

the solution stevenp1986 is giving is a longer way.
but if u have the application on ur phone its shorter n happens just with a click.
not saying his is wrong or the other is right. but the other is quick n easy.
both have the same pros n cons.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 PM
@bstract Journeyman

I don't mount HX CFW.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 PM

nedooo is on a distinguished road

Just to add one finding, there is a way to start TuningMM even if your phone is not hacked.
If you have Swiss Manager Pro, you have access to Hidden aplications where you can find TuningMM among other apps
This might be useful to someone who doesn't want to hack the phone and use this trick

p.s.
I'm glad to see this post became "sticky", all though I started this thread, Steven (stevenp1986) is the brain behind this share

Last edited by nedooo; 05-30-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement