Ovi Maps 3.1 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Taomyn is on a distinguished road
Question Ovi Maps 3.1

Does anyone know if Ovi Maps 3.1 (non-hacked) is available anywhere that can be installed onto the i8910?

Would love to upgrade the beta which isn't fully functional, but looks much better than 3.0.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM

endarion is on a distinguished road

The latest version is 3.3

3.1 was available all over the place, I had it but didn't keep it. You can get it directly from Nokia's servers, but I don't know the address. The i8910 is compatible with the Nokia Map loader for map downloads, so just plug it in and see if it will get you the maps application itself. It wont be the premium version, but it should still be pretty good.

3.3 comes with a cool new interface menu as well. I had made a thread in the GPS section asking if anyone had tried it.

Speaking of which... this really should be in the GPS section. OPS please move?

*EDIT* Hmmmm okay... I forgot I had already downloaded a legitimate 3.3 I'll upload it here, but I haven't tested it yet, as I'm using a ...less legitimate 3.1 version myself.

Rapidshare (10 downloads):
http://rapidshare.com/files/28649389...v3.03.sis.html
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xgn2mm...Maps_v3.03.sis

This is just another mirror of the same file freely available from Nokia's website. It is not cracked/modified in any way I know of. That being said, I admit I didn't try to install it to see if it works on the i8910. It's not a link to the Nokia website because I forgot the link! The maps and the .sis are all hosted there somewhere though. You can do a reverse-lookup if you follow the data from the map downloader, or just google around like I did. Don't download maps from old direct links though, as they will probably be out of date. As mentioned, the map loader does work with the i8910 (even though it gives some complaint), so just tell it to put the files on the memory card and you're set.

Last edited by endarion; 09-29-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM

Question

Sorry, forgot to put on email notification and only just got around to checking on my request. Sorted that out.

I'm a little confused by versions, doesn't help that the installer on S60 sometimes shows n.01 as n.1 when installing - notice this a lot with Gmail.

I currently have "Ovi_Maps_3.03_09wk35_b07_s60_5.0_lm_rom" installed, which I got from the beta site. It has the new interface but is limited to only "Walking" mode. The version in your 2nd link is also 3.03 but is it the same as the file size is differen.

I heard the "final" was released as a proper 3.10 not 3.01 - maybe I'm wrong here.

**Update - just tried the one from the Mediafire link, it's 3.03(49) and I have 3.03(54)

Last edited by Taomyn; 10-05-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:19 PM

nemesis is on a distinguished road

sorry to sound thick but what does ovi maps do exactly is it a sat nav app and if so do u have to pay for it, i realy want a sat nav app on my fone but im such a tight ar*e i didnt want to pay for it
Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM

It's the new name for "Nokia Maps" - it's free on Nokia phones, you can download the maps you want for free, but there's a charge for some things like "turn by turn" navigation.

I use it for when Google Maps cannot be accessed over the air or when I can't find what I'm looking for: Nokia Europe - On your mobile and online – Ovi Maps
The Following User Says Thank You to Taomyn For This Useful Post:
nemesis (10-05-2009)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

I just tried this program...I'm using v. 3.03 09wk35 b07

I got it from the nokia beta labs site..

One thing I noticed though is the map is in 2d, not 3d like the screen shots..

Mine looks nothing like that!
I tried looking for settings but can't find any...

Maybe it's cause they don't have 3D maps for the USA?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM

I have the same issue and I'm in Europe. It's either a "beta" issue or a problem running this version on the i8910. The previous release was fine for 3D.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taomyn For This Useful Post:
surge (10-05-2009)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Thanks for letting me know.
I think I'm going to try some previous versions to see which one is the best.
If anyone has an opinion which version is the best let me know, thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM

nemesis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I just tried this program...I'm using v. 3.03 09wk35 b07

I got it from the nokia beta labs site..

One thing I noticed though is the map is in 2d, not 3d like the screen shots..

Mine looks nothing like that!
I tried looking for settings but can't find any...

Maybe it's cause they don't have 3D maps for the USA?
is this free to use and will it work for me i live in united kingdom
Old 10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

You don't get the 3D landmarks because you haven't got a licenced copy. I purchased a licence for one year and everything (except the compass) works perfectly on the i8910.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:
surge (10-05-2009), Taomyn (10-05-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement